Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Team 15 holla

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Way to Go Team 15, Totally Spoked

    Everyone went through the joining process to get on the team leader board and everyone is riding consistently. Awesome team 15.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Sorry for Bad Communication

    If anyone else would have been able to make team ride this morning, I apologize for the last day setup and bad communication attempt. I was hoping at least Strava would sent an invite notification to each teammate or see it on the Strava club page. I understand now not everyone may have email notification turned on and that events can't be seen on mobile app. Bummer. Still we had a good ride with LeprosyStudyGroup and Nadine. Judd also joined us and a friend of Nadines. I enjoyed many HP laps, but will never come close to Judd's HP lap count.

    Hopefully the next ride will be better communicated with more advance notice....and an actual route with any planned stops provided.

  3. Likes LeprosyStudyGroup liked this post
  4. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question Team Captain

    Have we selected the official Team Captain? I was given a name sticker at HH that I was "acting" Team Captain. I don't really want to be captain (ISFG Myers-Briggs), but will if no one else want too. Any volunteers and/or nominations?

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    Have we selected the official Team Captain? I was given a name sticker at HH that I was "acting" Team Captain. I don't really want to be captain (ISFG Myers-Briggs), but will if no one else want too. Any volunteers and/or nominations?
    I nominate LeprosyStudyGroup, even though I'm not on Team 15.

  6. Likes LeprosyStudyGroup liked this post
    Dislikes LeprosyStudyGroup disliked this post
    ELITE Bob James ELITED this post
  7. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Nomination of LSG seconded

    Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I nominate LeprosyStudyGroup, even though I'm not on Team 15.
    Do we have a volunteer, LeprosyStudyGroup? I'll ride extra hard for you.

  8. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I(NTP)'ve been pretty happy with things as they've been to be honest. Plus I'm a total scrub. I like having a figurehead and the idea of this team pretty much being Bob James and his Backup Dancers makes me giggle.

    Learning the shortcomings of Strava and this forum as organizing tools is an ongoing process but I'm paying attention and I'm happy to keep helping however I can. Doesnt seem like there will be a single solution that works for everybody. From now I'll copy rides and links from one format to the other when I get the chance.

    Don't feel like you have to organize stuff for everybody Bob, just do what feels good.

    Also, please everybody bother Judd and his team as much as possible because he clearly is a pain in the ass.

  9. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Bob James and his Backup Dancers!

    Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post
    I(NTP)'ve been pretty happy with things as they've been to be honest. Plus I'm a total scrub. I like having a figurehead and the idea of this team pretty much being Bob James and his Backup Dancers makes me giggle.

    Learning the shortcomings of Strava and this forum as organizing tools is an ongoing process but I'm paying attention and I'm happy to keep helping however I can. Doesnt seem like there will be a single solution that works for everybody. From now I'll copy rides and links from one format to the other when I get the chance.

    Don't feel like you have to organize stuff for everybody Bob, just do what feels good.

    Also, please everybody bother Judd and his team as much as possible because he clearly is a pain in the ass.
    Lol maybe THAT shouldabin our group name!
    So LSG, you vote we keep Bob as the figurehead but you do a lot of the work? And that way it's not all on one person, because really you guys will split it?

    I would love to come up with some solutions -- even temporary solutions -- to the ride posting problem. I STILL can't find the link to the ride we did today.... On my mobile app I can see the pther team posts with your link, Lsg, but the link doesn't take me to the ride. Now I'm on the desktop, where I can't see the posts with the link that I wanted to follow. Really that's gonna be a dael breaker.... I'm lucky Bob pinged me on fb messenger last night so I could come. Should we all just do fb, or email, or what? I'd rather it was accessible to EVERYONE in FS, but the way it is now it's accessible to hardly anyone, I think.

    I came here to see if there's a ride tomorrow.... I'm SURE there are rides, but I'll never find them!

  10. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post

    Also, please everybody bother Judd and his team as much as possible because he clearly is a pain in the ass.
    I think this instruction to the team is a fine example of your brilliant leadership. It's exactly why you should be Team Captain.

  11. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Dislikes LeprosyStudyGroup disliked this post
  12. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah we could start a team wide email list if everybody is comfortable with that. Bob do you have a list of people's emails already?

    SteveO's semi official FS event google calendar at the bottom of the freezingsaddles.com homepage is an easy way to see some upcoming team rides or coffee clubs. Not everybody is posting stuff to it though. Otherwise you have to spy on other team threads. Seems like posting the same thing everywhere will be the only way.

  13. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post
    Yeah we could start a team wide email list if everybody is comfortable with that. Bob do you have a list of people's emails already?
    No, unfortunately I don't have emails of everyone. We're supposed to be able to email either from the Strava club (without seeing the strava email) or from here with private messages or email, but again we don't see the email address sent to.

    I comfortable with giving my email address. I wonder if we can do it in a private thread, on on the Strava discussion page I think only out team can see that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •