Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Team 14 gather round and sound off.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Team 14 gather round and sound off.

Team 14 Gather round! First order of business is to come up with a winning Team name. Once we have a name I will make a Strava group. Random number 14 stuff. A 14 sided cube is an octahedron, a british unit of weight the Stone is 14 pounds and a Sonnet is a 14 line poem.

Our forum names are.

bykgrl
    chuxtr
    cmj7gh
    f148vr
    radiohead62
    lossomes
    mborbacs23
    Mir
    rockford10
    Streetsmarts
    Vicegrip

Update! Strava team 14 is up and running. I have it set as request to follow so Steve O and the Slackers can't barge in, eat all the doughnuts and drink the coffee! Name and logo are placeholders.

https://www.strava.com/clubs/250726
    Last edited by Vicegrip; 01-11-2017 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Strava link

2. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

14 in binary = 1110 so we could be Team 1110. If we wanted to be French, L'Equipe Quatorze. Or Italian, Squadra Quattordici. We could also use the 14th Amendment as a basis for a team name: Brown v Board of Education, Roe v Wade, Loving v Virginia, Bush v Gore. Team Let Them Eat Cake for Marie Antionette wife of Louis XIV. Or we could use the actual French: "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche."

If we want to follow each other on Strava, I'm Chuck Pena in Arlington, VA. If you request to follow me, I'll approve and follow you back.

I'd be up for doing a team ride on a weekend if the weather is decent enough. Also a meet up for coffee would be fun.

Post Thanks / Like

^Good ideas! Four of fourteen last night at the Freezing Saddles kick off. bykgrl, vicegrip, chuxtr and f148vr representing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some possible animal names for our team: Narwal, Beluga (as in whale), Puffin, Wolverine, Ermine, Lemming.

Penguins of Madagascar: Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and Private http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1911658/

7. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What are everyone's names on the leaderboard? That's probably the easiest way to make a Strava connection because if you click on a name, their Strava page comes up.

chuxtr = Chuck P https://www.strava.com/athletes/4237943

Post Thanks / Like

Idea for a weekend lunch ride. We could do a group ride or just agree to meet at Duffy's Irish Pub, 2106 Vermont Avenue NW. http://www.dcduffys.com/ Great wings! One of the owner's is a good friend and I know would welcome a group of cyclists (we've talked about it previously). There's even a back room that's big enough for us to be able to bring bikes inside (there's also outdoor seating but it would have to be an unusually warm winter day to want to sit outside). This would require a little bit of planning (so I can let Tom know we're coming and how many of us). Let me know what you think and let's discuss when might be good to try to do this!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone - I'm Chris J. This will be my first year participating in BAFS, and I'm looking forward to it forcing me to bike outside through the winter. You can find me way down towards the bottom of the leaderboard right now, but I'm hoping to make up for that with some longer weekend rides. I'm disappointed that I didn't make it to the happy hour, so I look forward to meeting y'all in real life soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmj7gh View Post
    Hi Everyone - I'm Chris J. This will be my first year participating in BAFS, and I'm looking forward to it forcing me to bike outside through the winter. You can find me way down towards the bottom of the leaderboard right now, but I'm hoping to make up for that with some longer weekend rides. I'm disappointed that I didn't make it to the happy hour, so I look forward to meeting y'all in real life soon!
    Hey Chris! Someone I actually know (or at least have met and ridden with once before) is on my team (I'm a rookie too)!

Post Thanks / Like

A few more team name ideas.

Team Air Coryell (Chargers QB during that era, Dan Fouts, wore #14)
    Team Alley Oop (for the play invented by QB Y.A. Tittle who wore #14)
    Team Charlie Hustle (Pete Rose wore #14)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi team!
    On Strava Im Jeanne aka Streetsmarts.
    Im new as a bike commuter and winter rider. Im having some bike issues right now - long story- but hope to be up and riding at least a few miles every day or so. My bike commute is from Old Town into NW DC... maybe i will start up again soon. I'm working on it, I promise.
    I bike for food and coffee !
    Hope to meet you all soon.

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk