Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Bike Ride - May 14

Post Thanks / Like

Default DC Bike Ride - May 14

DC Bike Ride is on May 14th this year. Route is 20 miles. It's $48 today and tomorrow with code DCBR2017

Are we doing this again this year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    DC Bike Ride is on May 14th this year. Route is 20 miles. It's $48 today and tomorrow with code DCBR2017

Are we doing this again this year?
    Yes we are!! And let's hope for less rain!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spongebob_Meh_Yellow_Juniors2.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	13154

4. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh is how I felt too. But if all of my friends are doing it then I will too. #follower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

They need a new course to generate excitement. Last year's was definitely "meh". Highways don't do it for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I do like that their tag-along child policy is more sensible this year (free), which made it easier for me to commit to this year. I considered it last year, but ultimately having to pay a separate registration for a reluctant 4 year old, coupled with my level of biking regularity (was easily talked out of riding home), just made it not worth it. Since I didn't do last year's, it's all new to me (it looks like it's last year's course with Hains Point and a few other trail parts added in) so slightly above "meh."

Post Thanks / Like

I signed my husband and myself up because I wasn't able to do it last year and was jealous seeing everyone's pictures of the ride. Guessing my husband will bail, so I very well may have a ticket to give away for the $10 transfer fee come late april/may...

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of tickets, I have two available since (a) I did not check the calendar and realize that this happens on Mothers' Day, which my wife treasures as a sleep-in opportunity, and (b) I'm still not cleared post-surgery for any sort of distance. Bummer. Anyway, my loss is someone's gain....Who wants a pair of tix for a total of $30 (I'll cover the transfer fee of $10 x 2)? Message me.

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got this from WABA
    Send emails with questions or nominations to doug.smith@waba.org
    Hello Everyone,

I hope this message finds you well and excited to be in the middle of Bike Month! I have to admit, it's one of my most favorite times of year. I'd like to bring to your attention a situation WABA has regarding the DC Bike Ride taking place this Sunday.

WABA has a unique problem I'm hoping you can help solve.

As you may know, we are administering a scholarship program for DC Bike Ride registrations. We've recruited partner organizations (Gearin' Up, Phoenix, Capital Bikeshare) to give away registrations, but due to the extreme generosity of our donors, we have too many scholarships!

Right now, we have 10-15 registrations still available and we need to give them away to eager riders! If you know anyone who would like to ride on Sunday, but has been prevented by the cost of the ride, this is perfect for them.

I need to know info from each rider, and each rider has to sign the waiver, which can be found here. Youth are allowed, but they need to follow the youth policy here.

Riders will be part of our larger Scholarship group, and we'll all ride together. The ride is this Sunday, 5/14. Riders can be part of an organization or not, but if they are, staff are encouraged to ride too, and anyone else you think might be interested.

Here's what I need:

First name
    Last name
    Email address
    Date of birth
    Address
    City
    State
    Zip
    Emergency contact name
    Emergency contact relationship (parent, spouse, etc.)
    Emergency contact phone
    Riding level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
    Do they need a bike?
    Do they need a helmet?

Let me know if you or anyone else has any questions!

Thanks all

11. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it fun last year? Who's going? Will it rain and be cold??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk