Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: DC Bike Ride - May 14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    It looks like Komorebi is saying that she wants to go mountain biking in that last picture.
    Only if you can promise that mountain biking will be as much fun as drevil is having in the picture below.

2. Likes bobco85, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18447369_10210777379683520_8297094108731946249_n.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	14754

What a day, what a ride!!!! My son and I had a heck of a time! 99% of the other riders were very encouraging and courteous, giving us plenty of space and being respectful! Organization and the router were better than last year, and the weather committee was ON POINT!!!

4. Likes CaseyKane50, Emm, drevil, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    Only if you can promise that mountain biking will be as much fun as drevil is having in the picture below.

It's like twice that fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post

Wife and I were playing Bike Hokey Pokey. Lucky she didn't say to put my right foot out!

(BTW, Mountain Bike Hokey Pokey is at least twice as fun.)

Name:	197600_10150108868279367_8166810_n.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	14755
    Last edited by drevil; 05-15-2017 at 08:41 AM.

7. Likes dbb, wheels&wings liked this post
    ELITE Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

twice that fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    ... twice as fun.)
    Jinx! Now you have to come out Komorebi. Judd, I think the ball's in your court now. Get that dirt masheen!

9. Likes Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Jinx! Now you have to come out Komorebi. Judd, I think the ball's in your court now. Get that dirt masheen!
    There is nothing like a guy who doesn't own a mountain bike trying to convince other people that they should mountain bike.

11. Likes drevil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you completed the DCBR course yesterday, I guarantee you saw me--I made it a point! I was the panda with the vuvuzela (official "Bike Arlington" edition might I add) cheering on riders at the turn at Maine and 7th.

Given the price and lingering disappointment from last year, I told myself I would volunteer this year. It was a blessing and a blast! The shift allowed me to ride the whole course to get to my station (just 1.5 miles from the finish) with next to no one on it! Normally riding in groups isn't an issue, but due to my hand being messed up from a recent dooring incident, my breaking and ability to react is limited. I'm not sure I was/am in a condition to ride with so many folks with such a range of experience.

I agree that the course was much improved (save for some nasty choke points that would've been trouble with a larger group), and the weather was fabulous. The best part though was making so many people happy (or at least smile) as they neared the home stretch!

13. Likes Lt. Dan, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    If you completed the DCBR course yesterday, I guarantee you saw me--I made it a point! I was the panda with the vuvuzela (official "Bike Arlington" edition might I add) cheering on riders at the turn at Maine and 7th.

Given the price and lingering disappointment from last year, I told myself I would volunteer this year. It was a blessing and a blast! The shift allowed me to ride the whole course to get to my station (just 1.5 miles from the finish) with next to no one on it! Normally riding in groups isn't an issue, but due to my hand being messed up from a recent dooring incident, my breaking and ability to react is limited. I'm not sure I was/am in a condition to ride with so many folks with such a range of experience.

I agree that the course was much improved (save for some nasty choke points that would've been trouble with a larger group), and the weather was fabulous. The best part though was making so many people happy (or at least smile) as they neared the home stretch!
    My daughter really appreciated seeing the panda, especially after her meltdown on 395, so thanks!

I'll agree on the "choke point" issue with groups, particularly the entrance onto the 14th street bridge. The DDOT sign there warning about overnight road closures didn't help things much, either (tightened the return trip/exit). Then again, we were in the last wave (we were early in the last wave, so rolled over the start line around 8:50 AM)...that made for a "hurry up and wait" morning throughout the course. It would've been great if we could've rolled up to the corrals around 8:15 or so instead of the stated 7:30 (still a bit of a wait, but it would've still been slightly before the Judds of the world rolled through on Independence and helped with the 5 year old's patience.) Oh well - all in all, it still was a great time

15. Likes streetsmarts, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing like a guy who doesn't own a mountain bike trying to convince other people that they should mountain bike.
    *taps foot impatiently*

Name:	bruh hurry up.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	14769

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Ohh I thought you were a panda! Judd and I debated panda vs penguin. I was team panda, Judd was team penguin. I tried to wave when I recognized your voice but I was a little late. You and your dancing friend made me crack up. You guys were by far the best cheerleader group I encountered.

18. Likes Steve O, streetsmarts liked this post