Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Points per mile pointless prize

Post Thanks / Like

OK, trying again to post a table that is legible. God, I suck at this!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	top20.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	13144

This could turn out to be an interesting competition. No one near the top of the leaderboard is in the top 20. The highest ranked person on the leaderboard is Sam W who is #168. And the current points per mile leader (Tania P) is #245 on the leaderboard. Also, Matt W who is DFL on the leaderboard is currently in third. And #1 on the Leaderboard (Bob J) is DFL!

But there's a still a long way to go in the race to the bottom! And a reminder that the requirement is now a minimum of 30 ride days, not 30 rides.
    Last edited by chuxtr; 01-10-2017 at 01:35 PM.

2. Likes Rod Smith liked this post
  3. 01-10-2017, 12:18 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    FWIW - as a backup plan to a live leaderboard, it's not a total PITA to do if you use the ride day table (http://www.freezingsaddles.com/people/ridedays), which can be cut and pasted into Excel very easily.
    Thank you for your post in Data & techie stuff. I figured it out and now have an Excel spreadsheet I can use to track and update whenever I want using the Ride Day data.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I can use the Ride Days data to put into a spreadsheet to calculate, I can actually update on a regular basis. I won't do this daily (maybe weekly), but here's the standings as of this morning 0800.

Name:	top20.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	13166

6. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    Now that I can use the Ride Days data to put into a spreadsheet to calculate, I can actually update on a regular basis. I won't do this daily (maybe weekly), but here's the standings as of this morning 0800.

Views:	31 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	13166
    I love this pointless prize!! I've hardly ridden at all and I was at #14 in this list. Woohoo!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I said I wasn't going to do this daily, but since I can ... here's today's standings as of 0730.

Views:	28 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	13178

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

You now have an official scoreboard under the Pointless tab - Points per Mile

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    So cool and thank you very much!!!

11. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Hey gang! I was looking at a calendar and by my count, BAFS2017 is 11 weeks long (plus 2 days). So I'm upping the minimum number of ride days from 30 to 33, i.e., 3 ride days a week on average.

Thank you again, jrenaut, for the official scoreboard on the Freezing Saddles website.

13. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey gang! Just a reminder that you have 19 days left to get to the minimum of 33 ride days to win this prize. Our current leader would need to ride almost every day to get there. There are a few folks in the top 10 who have already ridden the minimum number of days to be eligible. And a few more who are close and should get there unless they drop off the edge of the world. May the force be with you!

15. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    No one near the top of the leaderboard is in the top 20. The highest ranked person on the leaderboard is Sam W who is #168. And the current points per mile leader (Tania P) is #245 on the leaderboard. Also, Matt W who is DFL on the leaderboard is currently in third. And #1 on the Leaderboard (Bob J) is DFL!
    Yeah, it's impossible for anyone near the top of the leaderboard to win this prize. You win this prize if you come as close as possible to riding exactly one mile each day you ride. (In that case, you'd get 11 points per ride.) You get to the top of the leaderboard by riding as many miles as possible each day you ride (and riding all, or almost all, the days). So no one can try for both at once.

I am a little confused by the chart, though. Elizabeth T is still on it. However, she was on my team, and had to drop out early. Thus, she's not on the leaderboard. I'm not sure why she would still be on this chart?
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 03-01-2017 at 12:35 PM.