Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Coffeecatting "Challenge"

Post Thanks / Like

Double coffeecatting today: French press something Central American deliciousness at Board and Brew followed by an espresso and pastry at Vigilante. Channeling my inner Bruno Moore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bikenurse; 01-13-2017 at 10:14 PM. Reason: %$^# auto correct

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Agudas Achim.

No picture. Its shabbat. I mean really, its bad enough I discreetely start Strava outside shul. You want I should take a photo at kiddush?

But coffee. I mean there are times (as all who have struggled with faith can attest) that you don't really have the inspiration to head out to worship. Sometimes the motive to go is to socialize (as the joke goes, Levine, asked why he goes to shul every week even though he is an atheist, responds - "Goldberg goes to talk to God, I go to talk to Goldberg") but sometimes that is not enough either. But at AAC, there is the coffee (and yes, the loophole around shabbot restrictions involves heating the water before shabbat and keeping it warm, which allows brewing on shabbat, IIUC) Pretty good coffee. Get out of bed on a nasty morning coffee.

And today, for added awesomeness (and inspiration) there was a college a capella group. And thanks to the Bar Mitzvah family, there was whitefish salad. Whitefish salad on a bagel. Coffee. A wet bike ride home. Awesomeness.
    Last edited by lordofthemark; 01-14-2017 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Well it may have been discrete also, but maybe not.

Post Thanks / Like

I assume that biking doesn't count as rolling on Shabbos—least of all if you're on one of these?

4. Likes accordioneur liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brünř Moore View Post
    I assume that biking doesn't count as rolling on Shabbos—least of all if you're on one of these?
    Not to put myself forth as an expert on Jewish law (halacha) but I do have an interest in the halacha of biking.
    The forbidden activity is "carrying". It is not permitted to carry an item outside an enclosed place on shabbat. But in that I am just as much in violation carrying an umbrella, or keys in my pocket. Someone driving a car is both carrying and igniting combustion, and is definitely in violation. My movement, Conservative Judaism, decades ago explicitly allowed driving for those who live outside walking distance of a synagogue. Given that, and that biking is clearly a lesser violation than driving, I feel fine biking to shul. Of course if I were more observant I would not post on shabbat. Someday.

6. Likes Steve O, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what I'm supposed to do to claim my "points" but here's my multi challenge entry doughneuring/coffeeneuring/sockneuring with bonus inaugural-themed donut.

8. Likes SarahBee, Steve O liked this post
    ELITE Edelweiss ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Today's coffee ride to Vigilante for a lovely latte and an acai bowl (no bananas. I hate bananas). And an Astro donut that Millie shared. Apple cheesecake donut. So good.

10. Likes streetsmarts, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This year I'm finally getting up and going to Coffee Club. Usually I make/drink my coffee at home and then hurl myself downhill and somehow land at work in the morning. So this is making for the opportunity to try new and interesting brew:

Coffee Cat 1:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAFS17-CoffeeCat-1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	13333
    WTF Coffee Club (I think that's the Thursday one?) at Whole Foods in Pentagon City--my first ever. The coffee was a carafe of drip so fresh they didn't have a label on it. The important thing was it was caffeinated. It, and a good tail wind, had my flying to work.

Coffee Cat 2:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAFS17-CoffeeCat2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	13334
    Friday Coffee Club (Arlington) on a drizzly Inauguration Day! The drip coffee dejour was a Dark Indonesian roast with the flavors of dark chocolate. Also they didn't give it to me in a ceramic mug which made me feel like an interloper and wasteful.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coffee and Doughnuts: A Perfect Pairing!

Just a reminder, you can work toward Two Pointless Prizes at once!
    Doughneuring is waiting for you.
    Edelweiss
    Attached Images Attached Images  

13. Likes streetsmarts, Steve O, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sockneuring, coffeeneuring/coffeecatting, and doneuring in one prior to beerneuring. Donut was a run of the mill chocolate glazed Dunlin' Donuts variety with a black decaf coffee. Nothing special but there are those cool socks.

15. Likes Edelweiss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sockneuring, coffeeneuring/coffeecatting, and social butterfly. Coffee just a plain Jane decaf from Best Buns. But it was hot and that's all that matters.

17. Likes streetsmarts, wheels&wings, Edelweiss liked this post