Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doughneuring Challenge or #FS17doughneuring

Post Thanks / Like

oh no. i was planning on using the motivation to bike every day as a way to help my plan to lose a bit of weight this winter...

2. Likes Judd, Steve O, wheels&wings, Edelweiss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    It's true! Scored my first doughneuring points today at Sugar Shack with a cup of coffee. I had a doughnut with Oreo crumbles. Nom nom. Delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JonRobot View Post
    oh no. i was planning on using the motivation to bike every day as a way to help my plan to lose a bit of weight this winter...
    You are only required to taste each doughnut, enough to evaluate the flavor, texture, deliciousness, ...then apply the willpower to stop taking bites. Or just ride the long way home, like the rest of us!

4. Likes secstate, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    You are only required to taste each doughnut, enough to evaluate the flavor, texture, deliciousness, ...then apply the willpower to stop taking bites.
    This was too much deliciousness for my willpower:

Doughneering # 1, at Sugar Shack in Alexandria, with a chocolate cake doughnut. I like cake doughnuts, and I like chocolate, but I often find chocolate cake doughnuts disappointing -- not enough chocolate flavor, or the frosting isn't right, or the texture doesn't work. This was an excellent chocolate cake doughnut in all respects.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    You are only required to taste each doughnut, enough to evaluate the flavor, texture, deliciousness, ...then apply the willpower to stop taking bites. Or just ride the long way home, like the rest of us!
    "willpower" huh. never heard of it. that doesn't sound like a thing.

7. Likes MaryEllsworth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonRobot View Post
    BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!

Cycling is the worst way to lose weight ever. You pretty quickly find all the best ice cream, pastry, sandwich, and beer places, and make excuses to visit them. Lord Deliver Us from Cross Street Market, but no further than the Light Street Cafe.

9. ELITE bikenurse ELITED this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Doughneuring #1 - A donut bunt at Hinnerbäker in Oberursel on my way back to Frankfurt after climbing Großser Feldberg. Not a cake or yeast doughnut, but something in between that had been dipped in chocolate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1523[1].jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	13135
    Last edited by consularrider; 01-09-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Doughneuring 2: Normally I have cookies on my ride in every morning but this morning it was all doughnuts. I bought a chocolate cake doughnut and a sprinkled doughnut from An Uncommon Cafe. I'm not sure where these doughnuts come from, but they were warm and tasted fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes laurenist, Edelweiss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raulin's Bakery, Beltsville

I didn't get here until after normal morning-doughnut time, but there was still a very nice selection and my maple nut donut tasted fresh and awesome! It was a very nice balance between the maple glaze, nut, and dough flavors. I want to go back and try others. This is one of the only bakeries that I know of in College Park/Beltsville, MD. #fs17doughneuring

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170110_doughnut.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	13143

14. Likes Edelweiss, streetsmarts, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Handy Doughnut Field Guide for You!

If you are unsure how to get started Doughneuring, I suggest you study this starter guide to doughnuts:

Enjoy the quest! e
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

District Doughnut with Millie & Bonnie today. Please note that I almost got run over by a truck on M street to get this lovely creme brulee donut. (extra points for near-death donut experience??)