Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Beerneuring Freezing Saddles Side Bet is Back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    If you think 13 breweries is going to win this challenge, I have a bridge for sale that might interest you.
    Touche....

But the most I have ever done in one day is seven, so this is going to be an adventure for sure.

However, I do think maybe I will organize a W&OD brewery ride a little later in the competition to hit up some of the outer breweries in VA. Stayed tuned for more detail on that later this month!

2. Likes kwarkentien, Judd, TriGirlSara liked this post
    jrenaut is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    Touche....

But the most I have ever done in one day is seven, so this is going to be an adventure for sure.
    Also, I didn't mean to criticize your awesome idea, I'm simply jealous that I am otherwise engaged tomorrow.

However, I do think maybe I will organize a W&OD brewery ride a little later in the competition to hit up some of the outer breweries in VA. Stayed tuned for more detail on that later this month!
    I did this on the last day last year - turns out that Old Ox is almost exactly 50km from my house so the round trip makes for a nice metric century. I should have planned better, though - I stayed too long at each and only managed to hit 3.

4. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would certainly join that.

There's a new, superhero-themed brewery opening in Woodbridge tomorrow. Heroic Aleworks. A quick Google search suggests there are at least three other breweries in Woodbridge: Ornery, Growling Bear (that's two separate breweries!!), and Brew Republic. I've never been down there. A group ride south might be in order, as well.

6. Likes kwarkentien, Sunyata, jrenaut, TriGirlSara liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post
    I would certainly join that.

There's a new, superhero-themed brewery opening in Woodbridge tomorrow. Heroic Aleworks. A quick Google search suggests there are at least three other breweries in Woodbridge: Ornery, Growling Bear (that's two separate breweries!!), and Brew Republic. I've never been down there. A group ride south might be in order, as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shardg View Post
    Just FYI from a PW rider, Depending on the route you design, there is another new brewery in Woodbridge/Lake Ridge area. Waters End Brewery off Old Bridge Rd, about 3 miles from Growling Bear with a bike path the majority of the way. Riding from Growling towards Ornery and across 95 to Brew Republic may be a challenging route with the traffic and no bike lanes/paths. Manassas has a few breweries that you could combine with Growling and Waters End. Bad Wolf and Heritage. Biking between Lake Ridge and Manassas is fine, wide shoulders and a path the entire way 20 ish miles. Just unsolicited input.

9. Likes kwarkentien, secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to have Sehkraft on your beernuering list, then you better go before Tuesday: https://www.arlnow.com/2017/01/06/ju...#disqus_thread

Post Thanks / Like

Beerneuring #2

Thoroughbred Red from Hops in the plaza next to Target off the Potomac Yard Trail. It is the maltiest beer that I've had since drinking malt liquor as a teenager. Pairs well with Whoppers candy.

12. Likes jrenaut, secstate, sjclaeys, shardg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default #1 - Denizens Brewing Co., Silver Spring

Denizens is my neighborhood brewery, and fortunately it is good. I stopped in last night to pick up a 4-pack of their Belgian-style Tripel to bring to dinner with friends. I'm short on adjectives this morning, but we all agreed that the ale was good, that beer from Denizens is usually good, and that we all like the food there. (The food has apparently improved since their opening; I can recommend the quinoa burger for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike).

In allegedly "nicer" weather (??? -- I had a great time riding yesterday!), the small bike rack out front is often full. There's that game where you throw beanbags into holes. There's also an event room downstairs. In sum, a great place to have in the neighborhood, and a worthy addition to your beerneuring calendars.

https://denizensbrewingco.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	denizens1r.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	13086

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	denizens2r.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	13087
    Last edited by secstate; 01-08-2017 at 12:21 PM. Reason: in-line images now showing?

14. Likes vvill, jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post
    Denizens is my neighborhood brewery, and fortunately it is good. I stopped in last night to pick up a 4-pack of their Belgian-style Tripel to bring to dinner with friends. I'm short on adjectives this morning, but we all agreed that the ale was good, that beer from Denizens is usually good, and that we all like the food there. (The food has apparently improved since their opening; I can recommend the quinoa burger for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike).

In allegedly "nicer" weather (??? -- I had a great time riding yesterday!), the small bike rack out front is often full. There's that game where you throw beanbags into holes. There's also an event room downstairs. In sum, a great place to have in the neighborhood, and a worthy addition to your beerneuring calendars.

https://denizensbrewingco.com/

Place:
    Attachment 13076

Beer:
    Attachment 13078
    Your attachments are not showing on your post. Also, did you have the beer at Denizens or at your friend's house? Only counts if the beer is drank at the brewery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    Your attachments are not showing on your post. Also, did you have the beer at Denizens or at your friend's house? Only counts if the beer is drank at the brewery.
    Ah, I will see if I can put them inline instead.

As I read the rules, the beer only has to be acquired at the brewery, not actually consumed on premises. But, they are your rules!