Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    You can add me. I joined the ride later
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bikeometer.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	14266
    Steve O is photoshopping himself into pictures again. No points.

2. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I hosted a "Team 10 DK200 Training Ride" on Saturday, which attracted a couple of infiltrators (BAFS and non-BAFS):

Name:	IMG_1262.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	14273
    Left to Right: QuikAF77, Kent (non-BAFS), FIX_BKS, sunyata, pdubs, ctankcycles (Team 9), Pablo (non-BAFS), Tony (non-BAFS) Maureen Boyle (Team 18), PC-Chile (Team 19), and "other" Pablo (non-BAFS) (Not pictured, because she was taking the picture is Laurie, non-BAFS)

We had two routes, one 81 miles and the other 42. It was kind of cold and there was a little breeze, but all in all, it was a wonderful day!

On Sunday, Team Bikenetic hosted a ride and toast for one of Bikenetic's finest who is leaving the shop and will be pursing a new career.

Name:	IMG_1276.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	14274
    There were several BAFS members in attendance:
    trey197, jweidcycle, pdubs, RHH, tania, bykgrl, Dirt, vvill, sunyata, mikep, mir, bmiles, and FIX_BKS
    Last edited by Sunyata; 03-13-2017 at 08:08 AM.

4. Likes kwarkentien, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    It was kind of cold....
    ZOMG! Understatement.

6. Likes Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure this will count but I'm asking the social butterfly points queen anyway!!
    Getting to HDCC this morning in 20* (with a feel like score of 7*) was brutal...but 4 of us made it! FFG, Bobco, Arlingtonrider, and CBGanimal....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Likes kwarkentien, Sunyata, Bob James liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I hosted a "Team 10 DK200 Training Ride" on Saturday, which attracted a couple of infiltrators (BAFS and non-BAFS):

Name:	IMG_1262.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	14273
    Left to Right: QuikAF77, Kent (non-BAFS), FIX_BKS, sunyata, pdubs, ctankcycles (Team 9), Pablo (non-BAFS), Tony (non-BAFS) Maureen Boyle (Team 18), PC-Chile (Team 19), and "other" Pablo (non-BAFS) (Not pictured, because she was taking the picture is Laurie, non-BAFS)

We had two routes, one 81 miles and the other 42. It was kind of cold and there was a little breeze, but all in all, it was a wonderful day!
    Slightly off-topic, but was this a gravel ride (I'm assuming so given the relation to DK200 and all the gravel tires in the photo)? If so, post the deets?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBGanimal View Post
    Not sure this will count but I'm asking the social butterfly points queen anyway!!
    Getting to HDCC this morning in 20* (with a feel like score of 7*) was brutal...but 4 of us made it! FFG, Bobco, Arlingtonrider, and CBGanimal....
    I second this request. I was planning to attend and would have made 5th person, but I was to much of a coward to travel on the dark, icy, snowy trails and roads. I'm sure there was another like me who was there in spirit, but unlike these 4 brave souls, did not venture out. That would make 6.

11. Likes kwarkentien, Sunyata, CBGanimal liked this post
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    I second this request. I was planning to attend and would have made 5th person, but I was to much of a coward to travel on the dark, icy, snowy trails and roads. I'm sure there was another like me who was there in spirit, but unlike these 4 brave souls, did not venture out. That would make 6.
    Right. In fact, a few weeks ago I was on Grand Cayman, and I bet there were 15-20 FS--maybe more--participants who didn't make the trip but were there in spirit. Let's count those for me!

13. Likes kwarkentien, CBGanimal, LhasaCM, Bob James liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Right. In fact, a few weeks ago I was on Grand Cayman, and I bet there were 15-20 FS--maybe more--participants who didn't make the trip but were there in spirit. Let's count those for me!
    Hey! It's a teammate request there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but was this a gravel ride (I'm assuming so given the relation to DK200 and all the gravel tires in the photo)? If so, post the deets?
    If you want my recap of the ride, you can read all about it here. I tend to ramble, so it may not be the most entertaining (or quick) read.

Here is the link to the longer ride, if you were interested in the exact route we took. It ended up being a tad more elevation than I was expecting (Ride with GPS lied - it was 6,500 feet of climbing), but it was spaced out nicely.

I will be doing a few more of these (obviously the long route will get longer) between now and the end of May. If you (and that goes for anyone) want an invite, feel free to PM me your email address or Facebook info (I tend to make the events on FB, because it is easier). The more the merrier! My friend Joe usually makes a shorter route that hangs with the longer one for 20-30 miles before splitting off to head back to the start if you are not up for (going forward) 90+ mile gravel rides.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want my recap of the ride, you can read all about it here. I tend to ramble, so it may not be the most entertaining (or quick) read.

Here is the link to the longer ride, if you were interested in the exact route we took. It ended up being a tad more elevation than I was expecting (Ride with GPS lied - it was 6,500 feet of climbing), but it was spaced out nicely.

I will be doing a few more of these (obviously the long route will get longer) between now and the end of May. If you (and that goes for anyone) want an invite, feel free to PM me your email address or Facebook info (I tend to make the events on FB, because it is easier). The more the merrier! My friend Joe usually makes a shorter route that hangs with the longer one for 20-30 miles before splitting off to head back to the start if you are not up for (going forward) 90+ mile gravel rides.
    Sweet! I don't do a whole lot of group rides, but I am going to try and get back in shape this spring/summer using gravel rides to try and mix things up, so this may be good motivation. I'll PM you with my contact info.

18. Likes Sunyata liked this post