Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Sock Game - Pointless Prize

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonRobot View Post
    so what you're saying is i have a totally viable excuse to give my wife about why i need more ridiculous socks? because last time we were out she vetoed the cheetah print and neon pink ones because "they're ugly". but if it's for points in a game SHE HAS TO SAY YES!
    (psst - you can go shopping by yourself)

2. Likes Nadine, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    Snip.... You might want to Google Red Hot Chilly Peppers + socks.
    Do we need to amend the contest rules to specify that the socks pictured must be on feet?

4. Likes vvill, TriGirlSara liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Do we need to amend the contest rules to specify that the socks pictured must be on feet?
    Done!

6. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    (psst - you can go shopping by yourself)
    huh. i suppose i can. pink cheetah socks here i come!

8. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    Done!
    Well nuts, I guess I am out....

10. Likes Sunyata, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AFHokie View Post

My socks are only visible with my shoes off...

#BAFS2017NoSockGame

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
    Same issue for me. All my sick game is of the mid calf variety, just like my overshoe game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, unlike drevil, I can't ride a bicycle while sticking a foot out to show the sock and still manage to use my hands to take the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drevil.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	13065
    So I had just a little trouble setting up the shot to show both the magnificent awesomeness of the socks, and the bicycle:

Name:	Socks.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	13062

But the dubious-looking dog is a bonus.

These socks actually have a history with Freezing Saddles. Second day of #BAFS2016, I was having what I thought were gas pains. But heaven forbid I should let them interfere with getting my ride in! So I took some Pepto Bismol, went over to the Y to do a circuit of the weight machines, then thought I'd bike out to Rockville. As I biked, the pain kept getting worse and worse, and I decided just to bike to White Flint Station and then take Metro to Rockville. Across the street from the Metro station, the pain got so bad that I ended up lying on the ground screaming. But when a couple stopped and offered to call an ambulance, I was mortified at having such an extreme reaction to gas pains, and told them not to. Fortunately, they didn't listen. They ended up calling both an ambulance and my wife, and both showed up at about the same time. The ambulance driver suspected a kidney stone, so my wife drove me straight to the hospital, where that diagnosis proved to be correct.

Somewhere in the process, my wife noticed that I was wearing these awesome socks, and tried to distract me from the pain by talking about them. So I have these surreal memories of having a pain level somewhere around 15 on a 1-10 scale, having discussions about socks.

On the good news front, in spite of all this, I managed to get in a 4.4 mile ride. And I remembered to turn off the GPS before heading to the hospital, so the ride was preserved for #BAFS2016. Those are, of course, the most important facts about this whole story.

Name:	KidneyStoneRide.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	13063
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 01-07-2017 at 12:57 AM. Reason: I found the picture I was looking for of drevil's odd biking habits.

13. ELITE Sunyata ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

*Bonus points awarded if the photo can also be used for wheels&wings' "The Warming Climate" prize.
    This is going to end very, very badly for the folks at the local pool. Lost Rhino BikenetiCX prize boardshorts + obnoxious knee-high socks + pasty cyclist complexion = "sir, we're going to have to ask you to leave, you constitute a public nuisance. Yes, really. Yes, we know he wore a leopard print thong in public, but he was special. No, it's too weird. Go away."

15. Likes kwarkentien, Sunyata, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I put this on in preparation of the upgraded amount of snow forecast last night but I guess the sentiment stands either way

https://www.strava.com/activities/823936676

Post Thanks / Like

Step 2: Take a photo of you wearing your awesome socks (on your feet) with your bike in the picture (outside).*
    Just to confirm -- only picks taken outside will count, and therefore shots of feet over carpet are disqualified?