Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Bike Samaritan Prize

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    First entry this BAFS season: was biking on four mile run and saw a cyclist with her bike flipped upside down underneath one of the overpasses. It was a beautiful day so lots of cyclists out, but no one stopped or even asked if she was okay. She had cross chained in her big chain ring and her chain fell of her cassette and was jammed between her spokes and her cassette. An easy fix albeit a little greasy. I have her a quick tutorial on shifting and was on my merry way. Moral of the story is if you ask someone if they are ok and they say "I think so", they probably aren't.
    For this reason I now carry disposable latex gloves in my saddle bag.

2. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Komorebi and I swept up a Corona bottle that someone had smashed across the entire width of the Branch Trail today just in time for the family of four bikers that came through. Quit spiking bottles on the trails, y'all.

4. Likes Vicegrip, Steve O, kwarkentien, Bob James liked this post
    Dislikes LeprosyStudyGroup disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Komorebi and I swept up a Corona bottle that someone had smashed across the entire width of the Branch Trail today just in time for the family of four bikers that came through. Quit spiking bottles on the trails, y'all.
    Should have picked it up in your tires as planned, I'm very disappointed in you two.

6. Likes kwarkentien, Judd liked this post
    ELITE wheels&wings, komorebi, Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes closebr liked this post
    ELITE Brett L. ELITED this post
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Mensch Nomination: Tania Pierce for being my riding partner on today's 30 mile Bikenetic gravel ride. An act of kindness and patience.

10. ELITE Sunyata, Vicegrip ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Mensch Nomination: Tania Pierce for being my riding partner on today's 30 mile Bikenetic gravel ride. An act of kindness and patience.
    Bob, in case I failed to mention it as I was huffing and puffing up Bull Run Mountain yesterday, you are my hero.

12. Likes Steve O, rcannon100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And in today's adventure, I reported this tree down on the CCT, just south of Fletcher's Lock, to DC 311.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TreeOnCCT.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	14015

14. Likes wheels&wings liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nominating Bob James for Good Samaritan. During the pie ride last Saturday, Sunyata's Garmin unexpectedly ate through all of its battery just halfway through the ride. Bob was kind enough to lend his battery charger despite Team 15 and Team 10's fierce competition for first place.

Class act that Bob James.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes Steve O liked this post
    ELITE Sunyata ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Nominating Bob James for Good Samaritan. During the pie ride last Saturday, Sunyata's Garmin unexpectedly ate through all of its battery just halfway through the ride. Bob was kind enough to lend his battery charger despite Team 15 and Team 10's fierce competition for first place.

Class act that Bob James.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmm, I suppose I should have mentioned my similar incident of being a Good Samaritan. The day of the first happy hour, Edelweiss (who is not on my team) was having issues with Strava. Since she and I had done the same ride from the happy hour to Bethesda, I sent her a copy of my ride file (https://www.strava.com/activities/828056614) to upload to Strava, so she could get credit for the ride.
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 03-07-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Another nomination for Team 7's Closebr. Must've been tough not eating that free food!

https://www.strava.com/activities/887881768

19. Likes Sunyata, closebr liked this post