Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Data & techie stuff for BAFS 2017

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    It is all caught up! Thanks. Great suggestion, Mr. Renaut. That's my plan. Gonna go longer tomorrow though.
    I should hope so

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    "gateway exceeded capacity" .
    That describes 80% of the problems in my life.

3. Likes kwarkentien, jrenaut liked this post
    ELITE rcannon100 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    Timely info, thanks. Went to ride home and what do you know, the 1000 informed me that it wanted to update. I said well OK then go right ahead. It is now running Ver.12. Worked fine on the out lap last night but wonky again this am. Seems the sat lock comes and goes and after a while it stops looking. After a while I turned it off and on with no help but it later got a 100% lock and worked fine for the last couple of miles. Totally forgot that my watch is a fully capable activity tracker too. Guess I will use my vioactive or phone to record until I get this one figured out.
    You're as bad as me. I've got a Vivoactive HR, which I use to log all my miles to Garmin (which then syncs to Strava, MapMyRide, etc.). But I still have a Garmin Edge 705 on the bike itself, so I can look down and easily see what time it is, whether I've got my heart rate monitor correctly positioned, my moving time so far, my distance so far, and my speed. And of course, the Edge is a back-up in case I forget to start the Vivoactive or it dies because I forgot to charge it.

Of course, I'm a master of redundancy generally. The bike has two headlights and three tail lights (not counting the headlight and tail light on my helmet). It's got both a set of wheel lights and a pair of valve stem lights. I have a jacket that can be seen from the moon, but still keep a reflective vest just in case it's too warm or too cold for the jacket. My view is that something is always going to malfunction, and I just have to be prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really expect anyone to deal with this, but it's worth noting: weather data from the College Park observation station has been unavailable for a few days on the NWS website (link). The result seems to be that no temperature data is being passed to the scoreboard for rides that begin in my area of Silver Spring, and probably for many other MoCo riders, too. At least, I think this is is what's going on for the rides below.

This is somewhat sad, because some cold ride days are ahead (and because I'm doing well in the Freeze Points competition...)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no_temps.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	14256

6. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a Virginian plot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Sunyata, secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, how did the Slackers get added to the leaderboard? They weren't there before. And because there are more members of the Slackers' "team" than any other team, they are actually in the lead.

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Okay, how did the Slackers get added to the leaderboard? They weren't there before. And because there are more members of the Slackers' "team" than any other team, they are actually in the lead.
    Not anymore they aren't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Not anymore they aren't.
    Thank you! They are still on some of the pages, though, e.g., Elevation Gain.

12. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

14. Likes rule#10 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All gone now, thanks!