Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Data & techie stuff for BAFS 2017

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    I dropped the math major my parents insisted I have as a "backup." I was right...just sayin'.
    As the other music major 'round here, I actually completed my minor in math. I suspect I'm equally as facile with this techie stuff as dkel, tho.
    (Unlike him, neither the music major nor the math minor have paid off--at least financially)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    As the other music major 'round here
    Another music major here, with a double major in English. How the heck I landed at NG (a dream job) in the effing IT department still baffles me [short story, I fell for the lure of learning web programming in the 90s and rode the wave from development into strategy/analysis]. Now I'm scratching and clawing my way out of the tech world.... don't know what the next thing is quite yet, but I will not suffer this torture the rest of my career years.

Did I mention how much I love and appreciate the programmers who keep FS running? Kudos to all of you!

3. Likes secstate liked this post
    jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ginacico View Post
    don't know what the next thing is quite yet, but I will not suffer this torture the rest of my career years.
    To further derail this thread from its original intent, that's exactly why I'm where I am right now. I had an opportunity to leave a steady job that was slowly killing me (web development for DHS) and now I have my own business that makes a little bit of money. It's stressful sometimes, but I highly recommend it. Have a plan before you leave, though.

5. Likes secstate, ginacico liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, back to the techie stuff. Casual Six lost a member of the team to injury. (No word on whether the injury occurred during Sixual activity.) New team member was duly appointed by Sunyata. Old team member was removed from the team's Strava club, and new team member was added. However, several hours later, old team member still shows up on the leaderboard, and new team member does not. Can we get this fixed, please?

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I didn't have my phone on me today, so didn't see your PM until tonight. I am pretty sure that athlete sync only happens once a day after competition start. If this is still an issue tomorrow AM, let me/us know and we can investigate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Sorry, I didn't have my phone on me today, so didn't see your PM until tonight. I am pretty sure that athlete sync only happens once a day after competition start. If this is still an issue tomorrow AM, let me/us know and we can investigate.
    It's working now--thanks!

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Strava down right now? Yes.
    Is whatever issue I'm having with the leaderboard definitely and without question due to Strava being down? Yes.
    Will whatever issue I'm having with the leaderboard definitely go away when Strava comes back up? Yes.
    What should I do while I wait? Go for a bike ride.

10. Likes hozn, Vicegrip, secstate, wheels&wings liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Is Strava down right now? Yes.
    Is whatever issue I'm having with the leaderboard definitely and without question due to Strava being down? Yes.
    Will whatever issue I'm having with the leaderboard definitely go away when Strava comes back up? Yes.
    What should I do while I wait? Go for a bike ride.
    http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/strava.com

12. Likes hozn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I missed this somewhere earlier in the thread, but how will we record our rides later today, if it still isn't up?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    Maybe I missed this somewhere earlier in the thread, but how will we record our rides later today, if it still isn't up?

Strava app will still open (at least on my Android phone) and I think will record the ride (I have recorded offline) but won't upload the ride to the Strava site until you are back online (or in this case, till the site is up again, I guess). I think.

And IIUC, its actually Amazon Web Services having problems, not just Strava.
    Last edited by lordofthemark; 02-28-2017 at 02:50 PM.