Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 179

Thread: Data & techie stuff for BAFS 2017

  1. #1
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    3,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Data & techie stuff for BAFS 2017

    I noticed that the FS website is showing recent photos.
    Please remind us how that happens. Are all photos associated with a Strava ride shown on the website, or do we need to hashtag them?

    If it's all photos, is there a way to opt out of having a photo shown on the website?

    What about Instagram? Is there a hashtag to use?

    Any other instructions or tips about photos on the Freezing Saddles website?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photos.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	12950
    Last edited by Steve O; 12-13-2016 at 11:06 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is good info to know, especially for the sock game pointless prize.

    Although, I think I might be doing a separate hashtag for that on Instagram, just to make it easier on myself.

  3. #3
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    3,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd like to suggest a tweak to the home page that might keep interest among all the teams longer and perhaps increase opportunities for smack talk.

    Something like this, with direct links to several of the leaderboards directly from the home page:


    Teams that have fallen out of the running early based on traditional points may still have other leaderboards where they are in competition.

    The categories shown on the home page could be whatever we like, but I think the more that are directly clickable (without ridiculous clutter) the better and the more fun for all.
    Last edited by Steve O; 12-19-2016 at 01:38 PM.

  4. Likes Judd liked this post
  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default techie stuff

    Looks like all the photos uploaded with Strava(included those with Instagram) will be shown here.
    Hashtag may be a better idea to filter BAFS relevant photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I noticed that the FS website is showing recent photos.
    Please remind us how that happens. Are all photos associated with a Strava ride shown on the website, or do we need to hashtag them?

    If it's all photos, is there a way to opt out of having a photo shown on the website?

    What about Instagram? Is there a hashtag to use?

    Any other instructions or tips about photos on the Freezing Saddles website?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photos.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	12950

  6. #5
    jrenaut's Avatar
    jrenaut is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbia Heights, DC
    Posts
    3,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Am I the only one who can't see Steve O's image?

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Crystal City to L'Enfant Plaza
    Posts
    2,043
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Am I the only one who can't see Steve O's image?
    upper left corner

  8. #7
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    3,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Am I the only one who can't see Steve O's image?
    I can see it, of course, but maybe if I try a different way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  9. #8
    jrenaut's Avatar
    jrenaut is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbia Heights, DC
    Posts
    3,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ah, ok. That's actually very simple for the most part. We don't have a good way to make a beerneuring leaderboard, though. We could do it with a hashtag but it would be self-reported and no way to verify, although I guess that's more or less how it is now.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    2,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    We don't have a good way to make a beerneuring leaderboard, though. We could do it with a hashtag but it would be self-reported and no way to verify, although I guess that's more or less how it is now.
    The self-reporting is part of the strategy, at least in the last day or two.

  11. Likes sjclaeys liked this post
  12. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Madison Manor
    Posts
    916
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Ah, ok. That's actually very simple for the most part. We don't have a good way to make a beerneuring leaderboard, though. We could do it with a hashtag but it would be self-reported and no way to verify, although I guess that's more or less how it is now.
    As the Beerneuring brewmaster, I keep a tally of the score and have posted it periodically. If one really wants to figure it out them selves, they probably could, though I'm the final arbiter of what counts.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •