Likes Likes:  103
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  8
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Freezing Saddles Welcome Happy Hour -- meet your teammates!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    Shoot. I forgot this is TRB. And there is a session I have to attend, from 4 to 6. So I will be at the convention center, in a suit, likely without a helmet, at 6PM on the day of Happy Hour. I still expect to get there, but I may not even manage to CaBi it, but will need to transit over instead.
    You won't be the only one wearing a suit so we can commiserate together.

Amalitza Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    I’ve cross-checked the Forum- and Strava- RSVP lists one last time. As of right now, we have 114 people signed up for tomorrow’s happy hour.

Anyone else want to come? It’s fine to just show up at the door, but it’s even better if you tell us now so we can get an accurate guess-timate of how much food to order.

Please remember to bring $10 to help cover the finger-food buffet (soft pretzels, cheese quesadillas, falafel sandwiches, hummus, pita, vegetables) and the rental fee/tavern staff.

Thanks.
    Looking forward to the festivities. w&w
    I'm still not sure if I'm going to make it. I'm giving myself 50/50 odds about now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Hey Bob (or do you prefer Bobco? :-D) What time-ish are you planning to leave? I'd be into convoying -- except I might slow you down. I got bronchitis NYEve (someone up there is tryna sabotage my FS plans, grrrr) and am still only sleazing, so might not be up to speed yet by then.... I'll be happy if I'm just back to myself. Also I hafta get snow chains!!! Like yesterday.....

I'll be coming from 2m west of Ballston, so your commute works fine for me (In case you forgot our zoo lights ride conversation :-D)

Also -- Has the bike parking thing been firmed up yet? I'm on the fence about which bike to ride because.... if it's not secure I'll ride the old trashy hybrid (and then you REALLY won't wanna ride with me, lol!)

-- Nadine
    Hey Nadine, it's all good (I will have my balaclava on just in case- maybe facemask? Hazard suit? JK!). I will be meeting with Andy on the way, so we can meet in Ballston.

Here is my itinerary for those who want to convoy with me:

5:00 p.m. - meet at Ballston Metro escalator entrance (Fairfax Dr & Stuart St)
    5:30 p.m. - meet at Java Shack in Courthouse (Franklin Rd & Wilson Blvd)
    6:00-ish p.m. - arrive at Bier Baron

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amalitza View Post
    I'm still not sure if I'm going to make it. I'm giving myself 50/50 odds about now.
    If you were planning on buying Amy a beer, I will be her designated drinker if she can't make it.

Amalitza Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    If you were planning on buying Amy a beer, I will be her designated drinker if she can't make it.
    Even if I'm there, it'll be with a car, which I suppose I'll then have to drive home. So I may need a designated drinker either way.

I'm sure you're just as upset by this situation as I am, but it is thoughtful of you to help out like that.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if I'm there, it'll be with a car, which I suppose I'll then have to drive home. So I may need a designated drinker either way.

I'm sure you're just as upset by this situation as I am, but it is thoughtful of you to help out like that.
    In the spirit of Freezing Saddles, I will make great sacrifice and drink all of the Amy beer. Actually, unless an absolute miracle happens I will likely have to drive too. Which means that I'll have to find a designated "Put your bike in my bike rack, then drive me home and then bike to your house from my house" person.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    I’ve cross-checked the Forum- and Strava- RSVP lists one last time. As of right now, we have 114 people signed up for tomorrow’s happy hour.

Anyone else want to come? It’s fine to just show up at the door, but it’s even better if you tell us now so we can get an accurate guess-timate of how much food to order.

Please remember to bring $10 to help cover the finger-food buffet (soft pretzels, cheese quesadillas, falafel sandwiches, hummus, pita, vegetables) and the rental fee/tavern staff.

Thanks.
    Looking forward to the festivities. w&w
    I'm going to do my best to leave the office early tonight (I'm usually there past 6pm) so I can help with set-up!

Post Thanks / Like

Did somebody say they needed a designated drinker?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Y'all have fun tonight!