View Poll Results: Would you buy a Freezing Saddles neck warmer?

Voters
36. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I’d buy a Freezing Saddles neck warmer.

14 38.89%
  • No neck warmer for me, but some other identifier would be awesome.

22 61.11%
  • We don’t need no stinking identifiers. By March 19 I’ll recognize every FS participant instantly.

0 0%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Way to identify Freezing Saddles participants

Post Thanks / Like

An update: I sent inquiries to a number of the helmet cover companies that AFHokie linked to (thanks, AFHokie!). With the holidays coming up, however, I’m not sure that we could get the helmet covers made and shipped to us in time to distribute them at the opening happy hour. I’m leaning toward reflective zipper pulls, either custom or snowflake-shaped.

Dickie graciously agreed to let us use the bicycle-chain snowflake (thanks, Dickie!), so I think we’re set on the logo front if we go with a custom identifier.

I plan to be at Java Shack for FCC II tomorrow morning if anyone wants to advocate for a moose-crossing reflector, show off their custom helmet cover, demonstrate their toilet bike, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Further update: Look for custom neon-green reflective zipper pulls, coming to an FS event near you in 2017.

In case you're curious, here are the alternatives I considered:

The people at Tail Wags were very friendly and could make custom helmet covers for about $15-20 each, depending on the quantity ordered. However, it sounds like reflectors would be used by more people. My sense is that the people who would use helmet covers already have one.

The Popomax reflectors that w&w linked to look great. In fact, I'm thinking of asking w&w if I can place a special order with her brother. But we can get custom reflectors for half the price or less, and I like the idea of having something unique for FS 2017.

I checked some of the Alibaba vendors that peterw_diy linked to, but the minimum order quantity appears to be 1000 or higher. We probably don't need quite that many reflectors.

Thanks to everyone who provided input.

3. Likes kwarkentien, Tania, Bob James, epilsk, Subby and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't wear a helmet so I'd prefer reflectors.

5. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    Look for custom neon-green reflective zipper pulls, coming to an FS event near you in 2017.
    And I JUST yanked off one of the zipper pulls on my trunk bag. Now I don't have to try and fix it

7. Likes kwarkentien, Judd, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i wish i had noticed this before. i've got a small collection of neck things and i wouldn't have minded getting another. that being said, i just built up a new bike and one of the first things i did was put my freezing saddles reflecty-thing on it. so if you're even in Rockville you'll see me.

edit:
    I do like the zipper pull idea, too
    Last edited by JonRobot; 12-12-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    Further update: Look for custom neon-green reflective zipper pulls, coming to an FS event near you in 2017.
    I'll wear it regardless, but does a zipper pull flap around in the wind? Sorry to ask such a dumb question, but I don't usually wear high-end bicycling accessories.

Post Thanks / Like

What about bells? It will be like cats--so folks always know when a Freezing Saddle participant is coming.
    Idea suggested after being passed by a gentlemen this morning, who MUST have had bells on...or the noisiest zipper pulls ever.
    Cursory internet research suggests that the OTHER bikers are into bells as symbols of friendship and to ward off demons.

11. Likes Bob James liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how effective bells would be against demons, but it may help warding off ninja walkers, runners and bikers on the trails.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    I don't know how effective bells would be against demons, but it may help warding off ninja walkers, runners and bikers on the trails.
    Maybe (Dirt had those on his bike when I first met him)?

14. Likes kwarkentien, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not mine but one I saw walking (with microspikes on) this morning.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

16. Likes Steve O, Rod Smith liked this post
    ELITE consularrider ELITED this post