Likes Likes:  175
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
ELITE ELITE:  22
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Freezing Saddles Pointless Prizes

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post

I would like to propose

The Pointless Pointless Prize

Yes, that's right. Its the prize for the miles that do not count. It is the prize for the FS2017 participant who rides the most miles indoors on a trainer (Matt Aune is disqualified from this competition because well, we wanna see him outside).
    IIUC, manually entered outdoor rides will not be counted either. Yet you propose to exclude them from the pointless prize prize. As one of the leading "pushed the wrong thing on Strava" people, I resent this exclusion, and denounce it as unfair.

I am thinking we need to organize a protest. The revolution will not be tracked by GPS.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

The only problem with this new prize is that we are discarding any rides that are manual or trainer. That said, including them (but then updating all the other queries/datasets to exclude them) certainly is possible. Just a bit of work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    Wait what? After not doing coffeeneuring last year, trying beerneuring, finding out that after a huge effort some nerfers still passed me and won that, and me deciding to pass on beerneuring this year and try coffeeneuring instead, this? No MorningtonCrescent worthy rules? No complexity? No Starbucks shaming? Sigh.
    Oh you fools. You really think the rules have changed?

No no. Rules are the same. Expanded, even.

I'm just not telling you what they are.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brn Moore View Post
    Oh you fools. You really think the rules have changed?

No no. Rules are the same. Expanded, even.

I'm just not telling you what they are.

Oh well in that case I would like to start with "Marylebone"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you would, but under the Harley Rules (1942), we have to start at Blackfriars, as Marleybone starts in spoon until turn 3, unless Mansion House is put into dihock during that round. Surely you have your supplement handy if you're going to play . . .

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pointless prize idea but need to know if hozn can pull the data. There would be two prizes actually, one team and one individual. The winner(s) would be the team and individual who have the smallest ratio of Hains Point miles to total miles. What say you, hozn, is this possible?

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctankcycles View Post
    I have a pointless prize idea but need to know if hozn can pull the data. There would be two prizes actually, one team and one individual. The winner(s) would be the team and individual who have the smallest ratio of Hains Point miles to total miles. What say you, hozn, is this possible?
    I suspect there will be quite a number of people with a ratio of 0. My first year in FS I never rode at Hains Point at all. In fact, the first time I ever rode there was at the FSLNHPP two years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I suspect there will be quite a number of people with a ratio of 0. My first year in FS I never rode at Hains Point at all. In fact, the first time I ever rode there was at the FSLNHPP two years ago.
    I still have yet to ride a single lap at Hains Point ever. Hopefully next year's HP100 will change that (it is always on a date that I am unavailable!).

Post Thanks / Like

I have ridden Hains Point laps only at the FSLNHPP. Otherwise, I tend to think of my bike as transportation. Riding around in circles doesn't get me anywhere, so I don't do it.

Post Thanks / Like

What's FSLNHPP?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk