Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: 2017 Freezing Saddles Thread #1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Meatmotor View Post
    you're from westworld, aren't you!
    i can neither confirm or deny. mostly because my wife-bot... i mean wife... and i just got HBO at our new place and haven't seen it yet.
    Last edited by JonRobot; 11-29-2016 at 09:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed Mr. SolarBikeCar is in the Strava team for BAFS2017. Discuss.

P.S. He has the highest average speed for this week. Hmm...

3. Likes hozn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    I just noticed Mr. SolarBikeCar is in the Strava team for BAFS2017. Discuss.

P.S. He has the highest average speed for this week. Hmm...
    He registered this year and last. However, given that his sole vehicle appears to be one that would not qualify as a bicycle for purposes of Freezing Saddles, he was not assigned to a team last year. I would not expect the response to be different this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    He registered this year and last. However, given that his sole vehicle appears to be one that would not qualify as a bicycle for purposes of Freezing Saddles, he was not assigned to a team last year. I would not expect the response to be different this year.
    I was not planning on assigning him to a team. However, I do encourage him to come to the social events (happy hours, not rides unless he has a standard-ish, non-enclosed bicycle of some sort) to get to know the group. Who knows, maybe it will encourage him to get out of his heated car and freeze with the rest of us.

6. Likes hozn, kwarkentien, cvcalhoun, streetsmarts liked this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

#BAFS ride #1 is done for me. Headed out mid-afternoon for close to 20 miles with misty snow flurries for two hours of sub-freezing riding on Pugsley. Lots and lots of fireworks litter all over. People were shooting them off steadily from midnight to 1 am in my neighborhood.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1497[1].jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	13017 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1498[1].jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	13018

8. Likes kwarkentien, Bob James liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is something not working on Strava 2017 FS group or is it me? I only see 4 people on the leaderboard for this week and only 100 for last week. Same on the phone and laptop.

EDIT Nevermind....it seems to have been this way all am but just cleared up when i looked.
    Last edited by Vicegrip; 01-02-2017 at 01:12 PM. Reason: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/roseanne-roseannadanna-on-smoking/n8666?snl=1

Post Thanks / Like

The Strava leaderboard will only show the Top 100 riders. I've noticed a bit of a lag sometimes with my rides updating on the leaderboard. I have one other club that this happens with. The Freezing Saddles website is now active the competition and seems to be syncing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Right now it looks like the longest ride is 50.2 miles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    Right now it looks like the longest ride is 50.2 miles.
    The Strava leaderboard shows weekly data for everyone in the club. For Strava, the week begins on Monday. Since today is Monday, it's currently only showing rides that occurred today and Bob James 50.2 mile ride was the longest today (so far).

Post Thanks / Like

The Strava club leaderboard is definitely taking some time to update. My dashboard shows I biked 12.9 miles today, but the club leaderboard doesn't show me with any miles at all.

Edit: Three hours later, freezingsaddles.com includes today's miles, but the Strava club board still does not.
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 01-02-2017 at 06:34 PM. Reason: I thought the delay would be brief, but apparently not.