Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Report your MVT wooden-bridge accident here. Date, location, circumstances.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
    This morning, Trollheim claimed my ultegra shifters. Wet wood + wet leaves + avoiding oncoming oblivious pedestrian = recipe for not-fun. Happened on the little S jog just after the drainage ditch heading southbound.

Landed on my semi-metallic hip, so that question has been answered, though it did leave a nice welt the size of an half an orange.

And I got through it last night in the pouring rain without an issue.
    Sorry to hear this but two things: 1) you've said elsewhere that the welt is the size of a kiwi, so which type of fruit is it?; and 2) if you went to HDCC, this would not have happened, just sayin'.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
    avoiding oncoming oblivious pedestrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    so why don't they just put some grit paint down? Easy, cheap and effective, and a great boon to safety.
    Knowing NPS, it might take a 5 years after deciding to do this to get it o the schedule. And deciding might take another 5.

Maybe a little pirate sand painting is justified?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Watched a guy wipe out on the Trollheim on my commute home. I was coming down the hill from the TR bridge. He passed me going pretty fast and then low sided out as soon as he hit the wooden part. If I had to guess he was going 18-20 mph. He got up quickly and said he was alright. He was definitely going too fast for the wet conditions, but that’s not always well known.