Likes Likes:  87
Dislikes Dislikes:  9
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Report your MVT wooden-bridge accident here. Date, location, circumstances.

Post Thanks / Like

Default First ride outside since accident and surgery

Quote Originally Posted by bikesnick View Post
    On Friday (7/12/2019) morning I took a very hard spill on the Arlington Loop on the boardwalk just after Roosevelt Island. ...
    The diagnosis was a broken hip, specifically the top of the femur near the ball joint. ...
    This morning the doctor said I can ride my bicycle! So I came home and rode. At almost seven weeks since surgery, it felt really great to be riding; God is so good.
    I am so grateful for all the support from my family, church family, friends, and physical therapists.
    Ride carefully.
    /glenn

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikesnick View Post
    This morning the doctor said I can ride my bicycle! So I came home and rode. At almost seven weeks since surgery, it felt really great to be riding
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I propose a happy hour for you once you are in condition to attend. Let us know. Your drinks are on me.
    Bump.

3. Likes Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Report your MVT wooden-bridge accident here. Date, location, circumstances.

Just went down on the curve coming northbound this afternoon... probably fractured my ulna, hit my head (in a helmet thankfully), and bruised legs. Still waiting on my x-ray.

Two teenagers had just gone down before me apparently going south. They checked on me. Then a scooter user almost went down going south.

Iím annoyed. I had two miles left on my Arlington loop...
    Last edited by Amelia; 01-04-2020 at 05:06 PM.

5. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Dislikes josh, buschwacker, Hancockbs, Sunyata, DCAKen, Dewey disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes! I had to look up what the ulna is... "long bone found in the forearm that stretches from the elbow to the smallest finger". Hope it's OK!

7. Likes Amelia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phog View Post
    Yikes! I had to look up what the ulna is... "long bone found in the forearm that stretches from the elbow to the smallest finger". Hope it's OK!
    Thanks! Reading this thread in the ER sent me down the rabbit hole and I saw that the timeline for bridge replacement is 2022!! I saw another note that there are probably dozens of crashes there after rain. Iím lucky, couldíve been much worse. But what can we do, if anything, activism wise to move that process up? Anyone have NPS connections?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry this happened. This is a notorious spot. Heal well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Just went down on the curve coming northbound this afternoon... probably fractured my ulna, hit my head (in a helmet thankfully), and bruised legs. Still waiting on my x-ray.

Two teenagers had just gone down before me apparently going south. They checked on me. Then a scooter user almost went down going south.

I’m annoyed. I had two miles left on my Arlington loop...
    Oh no! Hopefully it is just a bruise and not a break. Heal quickly!

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phog View Post
    I was going to make a joke, but I don't think this is an appropriate time to be humerus.

12. Likes ursus, dasgeh, Sunyata, Amelia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    I was going to make a joke, but I don't think this is an appropriate time to be humerus.
    At what point does a known dangerous situation that is not addressed become negligence? Whether it be bridges that are too slippery to ride on without breaking bones or intersections/roads that result in high rates of car/pedestrian collisions, at some point those responsible for rectifying a dangerous situation should be held accountable, no?

14. Likes ginacico, Steve O, dasgeh, Sunyata, Dewey, Amelia liked this post