Thread: Looking a family group rides :)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Looking a family group rides :)

Hi
    Anybody know of any group rides that welcome those with a child in tow... like with a bike trailer, baby bike seat, or tandem trailer?
    I'm looking for a group that goes for under 10 miles, low speed, short timeframe, during the daytime, mostly flat paved trails/roads, maybe even have a playground stop along the route, etc.

If not, would you want to join this type of group ride if I can find a good leader for us?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Biker - did you ever have any luck in finding ideas/others to ride with?

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

I know there are a couple of groups on Meetup.com that are targeted to riding with kids. Have you looked at them?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, no luck yet. All the bike shops say its a great idea but whenever they try to organize one, nobody shows up
    I'm still combing the internet though
    I did join this cool club Babes on Bikes, hopefully there will be a few moms that'll wanna ride with me.

Yea, that Meetup.com is pretty helpful... lots of different bike clubs on there! We may check out that Kidical Mass event next month.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be up for such rides. I have an infant that I will (hopefully) be towing around in a trailer soon. Please keep me in the loop!

Post Thanks / Like

Check out these meetup sites for riding with children and beginner to intermediate bike rides

www.CyclingMadeFun.com

http://www.cyclingmadefun.com/kidicalmass.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Default Family Rides

Have you had any luck finding family rides? I've come across a few in the next couple of months associated with various events (like Bike DC), but nothing regular. My family was the only one who showed for the Kidical Mass event. It was drizzly at first, but ultimately a great day for a ride. We had a lot of fun. Unfortunately, this week's ride was canceled and nothing else is scheduled. Sigh.

Have you gone out yet with Babes on Bikes? I just sent an e-mail to join. Sounds fun, but looks like it's something for me to do on my own.