Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Has anyone has any success talking to NPS, specifically Park Police?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone has any success talking to NPS, specifically Park Police?

I'm getting fed up with the behavior of drivers on Lincoln Memorial Circle, turning north onto 23rd St NW. They constantly block that crosswalk in the morning, believing that if they're past the stoplight on the Circle they can keep going along 23rd even after they get the red and the pedestrian crossing signal comes on. I've had two near misses this week alone. Is there someone at NPS to contact about getting a detail out there in the morning?

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tnelson View Post
    I'm getting fed up with the behavior of drivers on Lincoln Memorial Circle, turning north onto 23rd St NW. They constantly block that crosswalk in the morning, believing that if they're past the stoplight on the Circle they can keep going along 23rd even after they get the red and the pedestrian crossing signal comes on. I've had two near misses this week alone. Is there someone at NPS to contact about getting a detail out there in the morning?
    dbb is our NPS whisperer - he may be able to make some headway.

If I may add on, I believe this area still has beg buttons. That seems absolutely indefensible. The pedestrian signals should always come on in a normal cycle.

On another note, I rarely end up over there (on a bike, at least) because I bike over the Memorial Bridge using the downstream sidepath. Not sure if a little route adjustment would help you.