Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyclist harassing female joggers on the W&OD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cyclist harassing female joggers on the W&OD

https://twitter.com/ilovejojoandmat/...16703829192704

Tweet is sharing an image so I can't cut/paste, but some guy is regularly yelling at female joggers, veering towards them, and threatening to hit them. Vienna/Falls Church area, pretty early in the morning.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post

Tweet is sharing an image so I can't cut/paste, but some guy is regularly yelling at female joggers, veering towards them, and threatening to hit them. Vienna/Falls Church area, pretty early in the morning.
    I hope the next group of women beats the shit out of him (metaphorically, of course!).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    I hope the next group of women beats the shit out of him (metaphorically, of course!).
    I'd be okay with non-metaphorically.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife's running friends have complained to me about him. He has also harassed women runners near Blumont. Some are thinking about staking out with a camera to get a picture.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post

Here's the text of the message in that pic:
    This morning at 6:25 a group of 6 women, running west two abreast, were aggressively threatened by a male biker going east between Adahi and Cedar between Vienna and Falls Church. He was traveling fast and looked directly at our group and yelled at us "Get out of the way or I'm going to RAM you" and veered towards them purposefully and crossed the yellow line not slowing down one bit.

Male, Caucasian, Our guess is in his 50's, greying hair, solid build, red jacket, dark blue or grey road bike-- Only yells at female runners, not males or other bikers. This has been going on for quite some time and we need help getting him off the trail. The trail is not just for bikers, and our group is always very respectful of the bikers and we do not cross the line into the other lane.
    I hope they catch this asshat (I rarely use this term, but it really seems to fit this person).

Post Thanks / Like

Grrr. I ride the WOD west at about that time every day. I know the gang of 6 mentioned and say "good morning ladies"often. Always a nice good morning back 3 days a week

Will keep an eye out for the asshat.

BTW I am a graying 50 something on a silver/gray bike and often an asshat but i don't yell at other trail users. (Much) To describe a cyclist as an older graying guy narrows the pool down by about 10%
    Last edited by Vicegrip; 06-22-2016 at 10:30 PM.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

You might tell them (a) about strava flyby and (b) about sports cameras.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if this is related--from the Vienna Police Highlights:
    Suspicious Person 16-006210
    W&OD Trail and Talahi Road, SE
    July 19 11:26 a.m.
    Several citizens called stating there was a male subject “stalking” female subjects on the W&OD
    trail. A citizen pointed out the male subject to bike officers who were patrolling the trail. LT.
    Taylor, MPO Seitz, MPO Lose, and PFC Kiley made contact with subject and determine no
    criminal activity was taking place. However, the officers informed the male subject his behavior
    was inappropriate, he agreed and left without further incident.

[https://www.viennava.gov/ArchiveCent...ile/Item/3225]

Post Thanks / Like

God nothing puts me on tilt more than cowardly middle-aged a-holes like this mouthbreather. I am ready to set up an elaborate sting to catch him in the act. Just say the word.

Post Thanks / Like

They aren't all middle-aged. After cat calling her, a kid ~14 came up behind and "tapped" my gf's arm in Bancroft park a couple weeks ago while she was jogging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk