Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nats Game -- Bike Valet -- Need Lock?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nats Game -- Bike Valet -- Need Lock?

Hello --

Can anyone answer this quickly? Am going to the 4:05 Nats game. Have never used the valet and have no idea what to expect.

And are tips in order? If so, what's the going rate?

Thanks.

Liz

Post Thanks / Like

I've used it. There are two guys down there for the game, not sure if that means the entire game. You need a claim check to take your bike. Don't lose it!

I still locked mine up, and I think the Nats recommend it. Wouldn't want to make it any easier for thieves, right? They would know if someone just wandered in looking for pickings.

And yes, I did tip those guys a couple of bucks. (I had some twos from the bank)

C'mon Nats, beat those Cubs!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Mariner! Go Nats!

Liz

Post Thanks / Like

btw, you know where it is, right? First and N Streets SE. See map here. There is a garage entrance here too.

If you have extra time, check out the Anacostia River Walk Trail. I was watching the Cubs TV feed last night and their production crew ran some B-roll of scenes from the trail and the waterfront.

Err sorry it's between N PLACE and N STREET. There is both an N Street and Place in that area. Garage and bike shack is between the two.

Street View:
    https://www.google.com/maps/@38.8742...7i13312!8i6656
    Last edited by Mariner; 06-15-2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: clarification

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I would lock it up. They guys although young are very professional, and stay there the whole game. When the game lets out it's kind of a free for all, though. A thief could easily slip out with your bike in the rush. I always tip a buck or two.

Post Thanks / Like

I've also had them watch my pedicab a few years back while I went into the game while on a pedicab shift. It didn't fit into the coral, but they watched it fine.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Last night the bike valet was overflowing with bikes so you might want to get there a little earler than usual. An hour before game time is plenty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rootchopper View Post
    Last night the bike valet was overflowing with bikes so you might want to get there a little earler than usual. An hour before game time is plenty.
    Oh my! Then I guess I better end my work day very soon.

Liz

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a ton of bike racks located immediately around the stadium if need be. But given the choice, I would definitely chose the valet; unfortunately it seems a little small for the demand.

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

You may have already left.
    I have left my bike unlocked lots of times and I always leave my pannier on it when I go from work so I don't have to schlep it into the park (I also hang my sweaty jersey on my bike as a deterrent. As a guy, though, I can change into my Nats t-shirt right there). Feel free to lock up, but I actually don't think it's necessary.

Yes, tip.

Also, those guys perform miracles with getting more bikes in on crowded days. That said, I think the Nationals need to expand the service somehow, although I don't know where they could get more space except up.