Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
My new video for biking around the upcoming Metro SafeTrack Surge 12 (Rosslyn to Pentagon) is finally complete!

Surge 12 will run from this Saturday, February 11, through Tuesday, February 28, and will have the following disruptions:

• The Blue Line will be completely shutdown
  • There will be no train service between the Rosslyn and Pentagon stations
  • Arlington Cemetery Metro will only be accessible using free shuttle buses running from the Pentagon station
  • Yellow and Yellow Rush Plus Lines will run all day.

Here are pics of the Metro map that I made to illustrate this (left: normal service; right: during Surge 12):
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	metroMap_normal.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	13570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	metroMap_safeTrack12.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	13571

Here is the video I created:

I originally was not going to create a video for Surge 12 until I discovered how much of a disruption would take place. I also had a cold while I was trying to do the voiceover, so I hope that I don't sound too congested (I took to a neti pot just before recording so I'd be as clear as possible).

I split the routes into 2 groups: Foggy Bottom/Court House to Pentagon City and L'Enfant Plaza to Pentagon/Crystal City. I hope this helps folks needing to get around those areas.
Giving this thread a bump because SafeTrack Surge 12 starts tomorrow. FYI for those trying to avoid the Metro service interruptions.