Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What color is the 2016 BTWD t-shirt?

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KLizotte View Post
    You should look into making a quilt out of them!

Steve O is in luck. He happens to be related to a semi-professional quilt maker.

Post Thanks / Like

The shirt seems nice. It felt soft. Unfortunately, right when the woman was going to give it to me, some officious person came over and said they weren't open for 15 minutes. It was 6:20 and I had to get to work, so I didn't get one. I was almost annoyed, but I don't really need a shirt, and when I went to La Colombe later, the guy gave me a free bag of coffee, and I do need coffee.

Not sure I'll bother to sign up in future years though. I bike to work every day and am counted by the counters, so there's no point to signing up when I go by Rosslyn before they're open.

Post Thanks / Like

This year's shirt does seem like a step up from past years, cotton/poly blend rather than 100% cotton. Which addresses the one odd thing about the btwd shirts--I rarely wear them to actually bike because they get wet and stay wet.

Post Thanks / Like

My pit stop had no small t-shirts so no BTWD shirt for me. :-(

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I got you covered if you really want one.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Not sure I'll bother to sign up in future years though. I bike to work every day and am counted by the counters, so there's no point to signing up when I go by Rosslyn before they're open.
    Sorry - your experience seems needlessly... dumb. But signing up does help the general BTWD numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mstone View Post
    This year's shirt does seem like a step up from past years, cotton/poly blend rather than 100% cotton. Which addresses the one odd thing about the btwd shirts--I rarely wear them to actually bike because they get wet and stay wet.
    I loved the cotton ones. they were just great comfy shirts. will have to actually wear this year's while exercising.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    The shirt seems nice. It felt soft. Unfortunately, right when the woman was going to give it to me, some officious person came over and said they weren't open for 15 minutes. It was 6:20 and I had to get to work, so I didn't get one. I was almost annoyed, but I don't really need a shirt, and when I went to La Colombe later, the guy gave me a free bag of coffee, and I do need coffee.

Yes, that stop was open from 6:30 to 9:00. I think the volunteers were still being given instructions when you rolled by. Next year, come early and you can help set up the stop!

You should sign up in the future so that you are counted regionally. The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (which is the group that puts on the event doesn't necessarily look at Arlington counter numbers) in the way that Arlington does.

If you still want a shirt, you can stop by New District this afternoon to get one, or come by the BikeArlington offices in Rosslyn. They are plush.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    There are a few extra Smalls sitting on the counter at FreshBikes in Ballston.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO these gray and yellow shirts look pretty dang good and are straight up comfy. I dare say I will be wearing this shirt all day and even on some more days. Thanks Tim and everybody else involved!