Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Gpo?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gpo?

Are there any resources at GPO for bike commuters, or maybe a nearby resource, like a shower facility?

Thanks.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

might want to ask on the Fedbikes Google Group too.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/fedbikes

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone? Bueller? Any agencies nearby have a partnership with GPO for bike commuter needs?

I know when I was at Reagen the bike room had an agreement with I think EPA who was close by.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, really striking out on this one. GPO is at N. Capitol and H.

Are there any gyms nearby? I could bird bath it, but 20 miles is freaking long. And from my past experiences, you feel 100% better after a shower.

There is also the bike station at Union Station, but that just has a changing room.

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

When working at 601 New Jersey, I think some of my colleagues may have made a deal with the hotel on New Jersey. How about the Law School? 601 NJ's website says its fitness center is for tenants only.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I see your problem. GPO is an agency of the Legislative Branch of the U.S Government. The Executive Branch tends to take better care of its employees and provide for things like space for employee-supported fitness centers (with showers) and bike parking.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask the GPO management. No one here will have a better answer than GPO management.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Ask the GPO management. No one here will have a better answer than GPO management.
    Physical plant staff are usually "in the know" about whether shower facilities exist on site.

When I worked on the Hill in the 80s, our shower was a two-stall, gender neutral room with just a curtain up in the attic of the Dirksen. (What could go wrong?)

Anyway, I recall that I had to ask around quite a bit to find out it existed. I also recall that only I and one other staffer from Oklahoma used it.

Henry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    When I worked on the Hill in the 80s, our shower was a two-stall, gender neutral room with just a curtain up in the attic of the Dirksen. (What could go wrong?)
    Given what we know about congressional behavior from news reports and prosecutions, apparently quite a lot.