Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Cycling in Guadeloupe?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cycling in Guadeloupe?

In case you didn't notice, Norwegian Air is offering amazingly cheap seasonal flights to the Caribbean islands of Guadeloupe out of BWI. Guadeloupe appears to be a cyclist's paradise. Well, it appears to be paradise for anyone, really.

Has anyone been there? I am making plans for a December 2016 family trip. I am running into some difficulty because there appears to be very little information about cycling-related travel and tourism there and virtually none in English.

Does anyone know if it is possible to rent a road bike there or should I bring my own bike? Is it safe for a woman to ride alone, or should I hire a guide? And if so, where would I find such a guide?

Does anyone know the answers to these questions off hand?

If it turns out I am the "early adopter," I will be happy to report on our experiences when I get back.

Thanks in advance.

Liz

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my eye on those Nor-Air tickets too and been thinking about taking that same trip. WSGFABR!

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

I had no problems renting a bike on Grenada, so I imagine you can find something on Guadeloupe. For Basse-Terre: Bicycle Rental, Cayon St. (near Church St.), Tel: 466-3912/466-4257/663-4154, US$ 15.00 per day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going to Guadeloupe

Hi - I leave for Guadeloupe this month (February). Has anyone cycled there? If so, any advice?