Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else trying to ride all six Arlington morning pit stops (plus Falls Church)?

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GovernorSilver View Post
    Looking at the route between Del Ray and Crystal City, I see Four Mile Run Park Trail. When we tried to ride that trail last Halloween, we ran into problems because segments of it were closed for construction. What's the status of this trail now?

https://goo.gl/maps/99vLspUJC832
    The project is completed and the trail is open - though the block of Commonwealth leading to the trail is in as bad a condition as ever.

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

So far it has all been open when I've been riding it the past three weeks. Besides, I didn't intend to on that side of the run, must have been "software" error.
    Last edited by consularrider; 05-19-2016 at 04:50 PM. Reason: actually, the route as redrawn does not go though 4 Mile Run Park

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Managed 10 pit stops (11 if you include the NPS at Roosevelt Island). Falls Church, all Arlington, Georgetown, Nat Geo and Freedom Plaza. Saw several forum members on my rounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    Managed 10 pit stops (11 if you include the NPS at Roosevelt Island). Falls Church, all Arlington, Georgetown, Nat Geo and Freedom Plaza. Saw several forum members on my rounds.
    Do we have a records?? 10 is impressive. I have no idea, until I start to count.... Vienna, (Conte/WFC), Little Falls, EFC, Ballston, Columbia Pike, Crystal City, Freedom Plaza. So, seven (1) official stops. I passed Farragut square, but it was already done, and I figured NatGeo probably was too.

Best coffee: Vienna
    Best music: Ballston
    Best cheer: Little Falls (yeah, that was me with the drama entry)
    Best mechanic: Conte (ok, ok. i only needed 1 mechanic)
    Best swag: Crystal City: bike jersey(!!)
    Honorable mention swag: EFC: u-lock
    Best food: Conte: cronut (<--new discovery!!)
    Best shirt collection: Steve O (Ballston)
    Location most needing bike infrastructure: Col.Pike
    Most grateful for: every volunteer who made this possible!
    Best beer: ?? let's find out!
    Last edited by cephas; 05-20-2016 at 09:46 AM. Reason: close parenthesis (important")"