Likes Likes:  68
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  2
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal City Bike to Work Week

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crystal City Bike to Work Week

The Crystal City pit stop will be open Monday through Friday, May 16 - 20 from 7 to 9 am for Bike to Work Week. No info on their website if they are doing something special for those that make all five days. Sorry for you early morning riders.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    "a minefield of dumb games and social cliques badly disguised as a forum for DC bike advocacy."
    Post Thanks / Like

FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    No info on their website THAT they are doing something special for those that make all five days.
    Which I think implicitly suggests the game aint happening this year. First year I coulda played too. Le Sigh.

Post Thanks / Like

So why don't any of the Maryland stops do this? No way am I making it from Bethesda to Crystal City before 9:00 am.

Post Thanks / Like

Crystal City has an organized and mildly funded community outreach team (the CC BID?) that takes this stuff a little more seriously, and is a little less reliant on volunteers, than most other places I guess. I usually pass by one of the guys who ran the tent last year on my morning commute, I can try to wave him down and ask if he knows anything more about special prizes next time I see him.

Post Thanks / Like

I will work on getting the website updated, and sorry for not posted something on here earlier. Bike to Work Week in Crystal City is planned as usual from 7a-9a, and I hope to see you all each morning. This year we will be doing a different prize each morning caps, socks, tools, etc. And of course breakfast and coffee! For safety checks and minor repairs we have some different groups coming in to help - Phoenix Bikes: Wednesday, District Wrench: Thursday, and Bikes for the World: Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty1 View Post
    I will work on getting the website updated, and sorry for not posted something on here earlier. Bike to Work Week in Crystal City is planned as usual from 7a-9a, and I hope to see you all each morning. This year we will be doing a different prize each morning caps, socks, tools, etc. And of course breakfast and coffee! For safety checks and minor repairs we have some different groups coming in to help - Phoenix Bikes: Wednesday, District Wrench: Thursday, and Bikes for the World: Friday.
    Thanks Joe - BTWW is a highlight of my annual cycling calendar. You and your crew always do a fantastic job.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    The Crystal City pit stop will be open Monday through Friday, May 16 - 20 from 7 to 9 am for Bike to Work Week. No info on their website if they are doing something special for those that make all five days. Sorry for you early morning riders.
    Who are these people that don't have to be at work by 8 a.m.? Maybe I'll tell the bossman to sod off and that I'll be half an hour late every day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Who are these people that don't have to be at work by 8 a.m.? Maybe I'll tell the bossman to sod off and that I'll be half an hour late every day.
    That's my plan.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody want to report what the Monday swag was?

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Underseat wedge bag as well as blinkies, sunglasses, and bottle opener/key chain.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0913[1].jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	11767