Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Idea: Bikeshare/Metro discounted transfers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PotomacCyclist View Post
    As for Metro rejecting the plan, well, both Metro and CaBi are funded/owned by the same groups, namely the local governments.
    Regardless, they still are competitors for the funding stream from these sources, not remarkably than say how Booze Allen and Dewberry are funded by the Federal Gov.

I also fear that a too close of a relationship between CaBi and DC Metro, the horrid work culture and mismanagement of Metro will infect CaBi.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course, the way things are going with Metro, people may have to use CaBi shortly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...cf6_story.html

If they close down a whole line for 6 months, they will presumably have bus service to replace it. However, two things will happen. First, the bus service will be slower and even less reliable than the trains, so people will be more inclined to give up Metro for their cars. Second, the extra car traffic, plus the extra buses, will give us massive extra gridlock. We already have among the longest commuting times of any city in the country; I don't even want to think about what they'll be like once those line closures start.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    We already have among the longest commuting times of any city in the country; I don't even want to think about what they'll be like once those line closures start.
    And THIS is why I ride my bike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Of course, the way things are going with Metro, people may have to use CaBi shortly.
    CaBi would need one heck of an expansion to handle a quarter million morning trips.

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still not reading all the responses in this thread, including from particular individuals.

Just noting that I'm fed up with the *&^!, so I'm out of here. Maybe I'll check in on road and trail conditions next winter. Meanwhile, I no longer feel comfortable knowing that posting about Capital Bikeshare OR WHATEVER is causing certain individuals to simmer in their rage, and monitor how many times I post about CaBi or cycling, and leap onto any thread I start that is related to CaBi and turn it into a ridiculous circus.

I'm not getting paid to post here and frankly, the hostility, the tracking and the outright harassment is more than a waste of my time. (I'm sure this will lead to yet another explosion of rage, but not much I can do about that at this point.) So that's it.

Some of it has been entertaining and informative but it's too bad the nonsense (and worse) takes over at times. I'm done.