Likes Likes:  157
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  4
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party: 2016 Edition (FSLNHPP16)

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party: 2016 Edition (FSLNHPP16)

The calendar has turned to March, and so thoughts are turning to the big, bad finale of BAFS 2016: yes, the FSLNHPP16!!!

Last year's was a great success, and I suspect this year's will be--as Donald Trump would say--"YUUUUGE!!" That's because for the first time ever it's not on a school night. And for the last time until 2021, too. So don't blow it.

Here's how it works.
    1) Go to Hains Point on Saturday, March 19, the last full day of winter and the last official day of Freezing Saddles. Go anytime you like, but most riders will show up in the evening and into the night.
    2) Ride your bike around
    3) Shortly before midnight, gather at the point and stop your Strava.
    4) Curse winter and drink a toast or two to Freezing Saddles

Last year's raging success was due almost entirely to Sarah Bee's broken foot. Unable to ride, she was the hostess with the mostess, offering a central gathering point, snacks, drinks and cheerleading.
    This year, though, she'll be riding.

If you have a friend, spouse, SO, sibling or know of someone who isn't riding in FS who would like to come down and be the Sarah Bee of 2016, please post a note here. We'll use this thread for organizing.

As before, I will bring the lemonade for toasting.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't make it this year, but I can vouch for Steve O when he says it's fun, and he will bring lemonade to share.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my favorite part of Freezing Saddles. I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

REMINDER: Rides ENDING after MIDNIGHT on the last day DO NOT COUNT IN THE STANDINGS. Make sure you stop your ride before midnight. You can upload after midnight and it will still count.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Saturday, March 19, the last full day of winter
    wow, I really thought it was over on the 20th, oh well, I'm organizing a brevet for DCR so i'll probably make it there by 10 pm

Post Thanks / Like

I am so excited! I could not make it last year due to super early work obligations. I will be most likely coming back from an overnight C&O trip, so will probably make it there sometime around 8 or so.

If anyone from the Fairlington/Shirlington area wants to caravan up, that would be awesome since I have never actually been to Hains Point. (I know, I know... )

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Do I have to stop riding by midnight Kyiv time, or EST which would be 7 am Kyiv time. Note I started the process at midnight EST at Hains Point, so in fairness to my team I should get to ride until you all stop riding at Hains Point (assuming I can stay up all night).

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    Do I have to stop riding by midnight Kyiv time, or EST which would be 7 am Kyiv time. Note I started the process at midnight EST at Hains Point, so in fairness to my team I should get to ride until you all stop riding at Hains Point (assuming I can stay up all night).
    And since you are on our team, you may stay up all night riding. Seems fair to me. But you must drink a toast at the end.

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    And since you are on our team, you may stay up all night riding. Seems fair to me. But you must drink a toast at the end.
    The Embassy commissary sells that Italian lemonade.

Post Thanks / Like

crazy, time really flew! i will be out of town, bummer to miss this. it sounded like a great time last year!