Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2016 Road and Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gibby View Post
    if you really want to experience the joy of the Mulch Run, you could hop a barrier and go off road ... otherwise the newly-paved section is mostly done, with construction on the shoulders.
    Going off road is awesome. Anyone who want's to hit Wakefield and Accotink after the trails get a little bit drier just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Users are reporting police with radar guns on the CCT this morning by the Dalecarlia Tunnel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    Users are reporting police with radar guns on the CCT this morning by the Dalecarlia Tunnel.
    I did see two motorcycle police yesterday morning on my way northbound just before little falls and again this morning by the bridge before the tunnel.

4. Likes ian74 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone (Arlington?) shaved/ground down the edges on the individual concrete slabs that make up 4MR between the power station and the merge with the MVT, which makes this a much better ride. Kudos to the responsible party.

6. Likes KWL, KLizotte, honestmachinery, Tania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally forgot my own warning about the CCT and blazed through that area, but the enforcement blitz seems to be over. No doubt complaint-driven. I did find a link to the article announcing the imposition of the speed limits, where Park Police officials indeed say that they might post officers with radar guns.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...053102022.html

8. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    Totally forgot my own warning about the CCT and blazed through that area, but the enforcement blitz seems to be over. No doubt complaint-driven. I did find a link to the article announcing the imposition of the speed limits, where Park Police officials indeed say that they might post officers with radar guns.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...053102022.html
    Going uphill in the afternoon, right? It's a little bit easier to stay reasonably close to 15 mph going uphill. Kinda hard to do downhill. I mean, we have brakes and all, but who wants to grind them all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Going uphill in the afternoon, right? It's a little bit easier to stay reasonably close to 15 mph going uphill. Kinda hard to do downhill. I mean, we have brakes and all, but who wants to grind them all the time.
    People reported them clocking downhill riders. I happened not to be on the trail yesterday morning. It's not the way I go in the evening. I like a little variety, and in the winter I also dislike the feeling that I'm riding in a little floating bubble of light. From the reports, it is a stretch I'm usually 19-21 mph at. The average speed is probably right around 16-18.

ShawnoftheDread is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Enforcing speed limits on vehicles not required to have speedometers sounds reasonable.

12. Likes ebubar, consularrider, huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They've added a coat of paint to one side of Trollheim. Coupla cones marking the area, closing the right side going upriver just after the junction. Easy enough to see at 2:30, but don't know if they'll still be blocking it after dark, and it is crowded out there.

14. Dislikes sjclaeys disliked this post
    PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Rain on Saturday, snow on Sunday? That's what Weather Underground is showing in the forecast, even though temperatures will remain in the mid to upper 30s throughout the day. Maybe it will just be some flurries.