Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some Great Cat 6 Racing This Morning: 7/28 Race Recap

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer. Another time then.
    Open invite to anyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    That's a great calculator.

As a weekend/recreational rider I'm a simple 0, but can go as high as a 15 as a commuter (with the norm being a 12) and that doesn't even take the flip flops into account!
    Tim, if you've got the child seat now, it is only going to get worse. I think they've been discontinued, but I used to have a Burley Piccolo when my son was young. It's a brand of trailer cycle. We rode that to his school, I disconnected it and locked it up at his school, dropped him off and continued my commute downtown. I would pick it up on the way home (my husband having already picked up the kid on foot or in car).

Which is how my son earned his 2007 Bike to Work Day t-shirt.

Liz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eminva View Post
    Tim, if you've got the child seat now, it is only going to get worse. I think they've been discontinued, but I used to have a Burley Piccolo when my son was young. It's a brand of trailer cycle. We rode that to his school, I disconnected it and locked it up at his school, dropped him off and continued my commute downtown. I would pick it up on the way home (my husband having already picked up the kid on foot or in car).

Which is how my son earned his 2007 Bike to Work Day t-shirt.

Liz
    We've got a Cougar Chariot, which converts into a jogging stroller as well. It even does hiking and cross country skiing. The problem is when it is connected to the bike it is too long to manage in the condo elevator.

It mostly comes out for jogging during the week or for family rides around Arlington ending at Mario's for soft-serve. It also evens out the playing field pretty well--I'm working pretty hard on the MTB to keep up with the wife on her road bike.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneEighth View Post
    Bummer. Another time then.
    Open invite to anyone else.
    I'd love to SCR! That's a bit out of my way though, as I need to get out to Falls Church on the W&OD. I'm usually found along the Custis. Been splitting my exits from DC either by Penn/Virginia Ave/Roosevelt, or straight down Independance to Arlington Memorial. Not so much that way recently, since that crash video

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Custis quite a bit, too. It all depends on how much time I've got for riding. Today, I can afford to take the long way home.
    See you out there some time.

Post Thanks / Like

I lol'd for a while when I read your OP Tim. Nice recap. I was scratching my head at first Cat6....I then proceeded to get lost in sidebar links (wtf with canadian winter cyclists?) for an hour. Sounds like a fun ride.

I keep the reflective leg band around my seatpost. I have yet to run into anyone who said anything but I'm sure I've passed and been passed by a few members (or lurkers at least) on the wod during the weekends.

Post Thanks / Like

Whew! From the title I was afraid this would be a story about me and the guy on a mountain bike with a backpack who was "racing" me this morning between Falls Church and Gallows Road. Guy did NOT like it that I slowly pulled past him at one point, so he was racing to stay ahead of me.

I could have told him he didn't have to try so hard. He would have beat me without expending so much effort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTheTech View Post
    I keep the reflective leg band around my seatpost.
    That's actually a cool idea. Or perhaps a reflective sticker of some kind?

My helmet makes it so my ponytail hangs quite prominently out of it, so I'm a prime target. Just can't let an uphill pass by a girl go uncontested. Boys.

consularrider is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneEighth View Post
    I use the Custis quite a bit, too. It all depends on how much time I've got for riding. Today, I can afford to take the long way home.
    See you out there some time.
    I've gotten used to having you blow by me this week on 4 Mile Run. I'll try and remember to say hi next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    I've gotten used to having you blow by me this week on 4 Mile Run. I'll try and remember to say hi next time.
    Please do.
    ...and, please tell me that I've remembered to be courteous and call out my passes...