Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Registration for Freezing Saddles 2017 is now open!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Registration for Freezing Saddles 2017 is now open!

Link to the registration form is here.

Registering is only the first step in entering. Please read this post for further steps, rules, etc.

If you have trouble with the form, please read the remainder of this post. If that doesn't work, you can send me a private message.

Executive decisions have been made, after as much input as I could get given the short time involved:
    • People who have participated in past years, but have moved out of the area, will be permitted to participate.
    • People will be permitted to request that they be put on a team with people in their geographic area.
    • Slackers will be permitted only if they have participated in past years.
    • Registration will be limited to 250 people.

Some things you might do will cause the form not to submit:

• If you fail to answer any of the questions marked with an *.
    • If the Zip Code you enter is not in Maryland, Virginia, or DC.
    • If you don't check the box for "Are you really gonna play?", the one for "Legal stuff," or the one for "I'm not a robot."
    • If you select "I'm not really intending to participate in anything, so I'm not registering for Freezing Saddles" under "Will you participate in the reindeer games?"
    • If you try to submit the form after the deadline (which is clearly stated on the page, along with a countdown timer). After the deadline, the form will change to one that indicates that you can still register, but may or may not be assigned to a team.

Some things you might do will not interfere with the form submission, but will get you laughed at by the people who have access to view the submissions:

• If you inaccurately state your FS2016 miles.
    • If you submit more than once. If you need to make a change, just send me a private message, and I can fix it. We really don't need two or three of you signed up.

If you need access to the form results, please send me a private message with your e-mail address and why you need access.
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 11-23-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

my 'puter here at work wouldn't let me click the button regarding whether I actually plan to participate, so I guess I'll complete this later on a device that isn't so ancient and loaded up with various blocks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vern View Post
    my 'puter here at work wouldn't let me click the button regarding whether I actually plan to participate, so I guess I'll complete this later on a device that isn't so ancient and loaded up with various blocks.
    Let me know if it's still a problem when you get home.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just able to complete the form using my phone.

Post Thanks / Like

We just passed 100 registrations! Of course, there are 113 people in the 2017 Freezing Saddles Strava club, and only 103 who have actually registered for Freezing Saddles, so somewhere out there, there are still at least 10 who need to register.

Falls Church VA or Bristol UK 🇬🇧 or Brazil 🇧🇷
    Post Thanks / Like

I just signed up on both the registration page and the Strava leaderboard without a glitch. Thanks for setting this up so that we can have some fun riding bikes this winter.

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we planning on having equal teams? If so then capping at 250 is a bit inflexible. Does the 250 include slackers?

25 teams of 10 or 10 teams of 25 are our only options using 250 team players.

Other options are:
    Teams of 11
    22 teams - 242 players
    23 teams - 253 players

Teams of 12
    20 teams - 240 players
    21 teams - 252 players

Teams of 13
    19 teams - 247 players
    20 teams - 260 players

Teams of 14
    18 teams - 252 players

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer2U View Post
    I just signed up on both the registration page and the Strava leaderboard without a glitch. Thanks for setting this up so that we can have some fun riding bikes this "winter."
    (ftfy)

consularrider is in a wintry climate. So is elwbikes, even more so. Boomer, phatboing and especially Powerful P are all in milder (or summer!) climates. Their saddles won't be freezing at all.
    Discuss?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Are we planning on having equal teams? If so then capping at 250 is a bit inflexible. Does the 250 include slackers?

25 teams of 10 or 10 teams of 25 are our only options using 250 team players.

Other options are:
    Teams of 11
    22 teams - 242 players
    23 teams - 253 players

Teams of 12
    20 teams - 240 players
    21 teams - 252 players

Teams of 13
    19 teams - 247 players
    20 teams - 260 players

Teams of 14
    18 teams - 252 players
    We only guarantee that the first 250 players will be registered. Anyone who registers after that will be added only if a) we need to fill out a team, or b) someone drops out.

In the past, not all teams have always been of equal size. (The first year I participated, we had some teams with 10 people, but my team won with only 9.) It is possible to put someone with ridiculously high miles on a team, but have that team one person smaller than the others. However, Sunyata also has the flexibility to grab someone off the waiting list to fill out a team.

In short, Sunyata is the team assignment czar. She can handle this.
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 11-28-2016 at 10:43 AM.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    (ftfy)

consularrider is in a wintry climate. So is elwbikes, even more so. Boomer, phatboing and especially Powerful P are all in milder (or summer!) climates. Their saddles won't be freezing at all.
    Discuss?
    Does Boomer get more winter riding credit if he doesn't specify that the temperature is in Celsius? Those 10 degree rides are killer!