PDA

View Full Version : WMATA Job Opening (Bike & Auto Parking)

Tim Kelley
07-25-2011, 01:47 PM
I got this in an email today:

"We are looking for a Project Manager, who will be located in our Office of Parking – which has taken on a broader mantle to include non-auto parking management (i.e., bicycles) – to coordinate bicycle and auto-related parking projects, as well as pedestrian access projects here at Metro. The project manager’s project portfolio will be heavily influenced by the projects identified in the Planning Office’s recent bicycle & pedestrian access needs inventory.

To apply, please go to our website. The job description can be found off a link from our Careers page:
https://careers.wmata.com/psp/careers/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/ROLE_APPLICANT.ER_APPLICANT_HOME.GBL?NAVSTACK=Clea r

Applicants will need to register with our on-line system to apply. The posting is open from today through August 5."

CCrew
07-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Salary Range -
$84,050 $126,190

Pretty snappy for dealing with bike parking.

DCLiz
07-26-2011, 06:48 AM
I misread the title as WABA job opening, and I was blown away by the salary range until I clicked on the link.

mdcullen
07-27-2011, 03:20 PM
It's unfortunate that they are placing an emphasis on engineering and construction experience, rather than specific bicycle infrastructure design experience. I've seen way too many bike racks installed incorrectly (in general, I'm not speaking about Metro), as if those overseeing their construction had no idea how they were even used. I could be reading into it too much...