PDA

View Full Version : It's official! The "Michigander-You call that a snow day?- Pointless Prize" is ON!

Kitty
01-26-2016, 12:03 AM
((Too weird. I wrote this up Sunday night so everyone would have it for Monday, but for some reason it didn't go up. Oh well, here it is again))

Ladies and gents, OPM has officially called a "grown-up snowday" for January 25--the first of the year! That means my pointless prize is officially a GO!

The rules are simple:

The person who rides on the most official OPM-called snow days wins. This means weekdays when the operating status of the Federal government in the DC-area is CLOSED; late arrive/early departure days and snowy days on the weekend do not count.

Ties, which I anticipate will be many, will be broken by cumulative distance.
(So long as I can find a way to get daily stats... :confused:)

The winner of the Michigander Prize will win a 6-pack of carefully curated craft brews from the Mitten State--its so authentic I paid a 10-cent bottle deposit on each one!

I will use this thread to keep track of the snow days, but feel free to post your snow day ride pictures and stories. I just might come up with some runner-up prizes for such that best encapsulate one of our state mottos of "Winter Wonderland."

**Notice: This prize is not meant to encourage or promote dangerous or stupid behavior for the sake of winning. If conditions are bad or authorities are telling you to stay off the roads. In Michigan we stay in during the storm, and play hard in the snow afterward. Have fun but be safe!**

Kitty
01-26-2016, 12:05 AM
And since OPM has called it, January 26 is also a designated snow day for this competition! I hear conditions are getting better out there, so I look forward to seeing something on Strava. :cool:

Fast Friendly Guy
01-26-2016, 07:12 AM
Sure, I'm in! ...and so is everyone, I guess, that's committed to ride every day! See you out there today!

noodles
01-26-2016, 03:47 PM
Sure, I'm in! ...and so is everyone, I guess, that's committed to ride every day! See you out there today!

Oh well, I just lost by distance. Glad you're on my team! lol

Kitty
01-26-2016, 11:10 PM

Niiice! Sadly I had to sit out yesterday due to a combination of telework and an unfortunate kitchen accident, so I was cool to see you and others out there!