PDA

View Full Version : Team 2: Los Dos

jwetzel
01-07-2016, 10:00 PM
Hi team 2! Let's assemble here and figure out what team name we want since those of us at the HH didn't settle on a name.

Strava Group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/175455

Team 2:
amsmith
Cmcmackin87
DaveK
elisa
Ellenct
ian_co
jwetzel
khill
Lizperaltareed
randomduck
rebeccalevy
RenneYvonne
schvin

randomduck
01-07-2016, 10:14 PM
I suggested something not-really-genteel on the tweetie earlier: 💩

But that's not what I think of my glorious team. I'm just lacking ideas that aren't obvious copies from The Rulesô or something similar.

Happy to be part of this team, even if I may be a boat anchor at times due to my ski coaching responsibilities (i.e. the paying job).

schvin
01-07-2016, 11:03 PM
hola! sorry i wasn't able to stick around the HH longer and link up with folks. will try to think of a clever idea.

jwetzel
01-08-2016, 04:44 AM
The strava group has been created, join here: https://www.strava.com/clubs/175455

rebeccalevy
01-08-2016, 10:47 AM
Hi everyone, sorry couldn't make it to the HH yesterday, was under the weather...

Just joined the Strava group! Were there any cool commonalities b/w people at the HH last night in our group that we could use to make a witty name??

khill
01-08-2016, 10:54 AM
I am super sorry I couldn't make it to the happy hour last night -- I had what was officially the worst day I've ever had at my current job, followed by a D&D session that I had to be a huge jerk and abandon because something else blew up at work and I had to rush to a computer. And I got a flat on my bike. So, good times!

I am stoked for this, though! I've never managed a full winter on my bike before and I still need to pick up a few things to make it more comfortable, but I'm really excited for this.

jwetzel
01-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Good to see people tuning in and joining the group! As far as I can tell, everyone on our team lives in DC proper, and we all ride bikes.

ian_co
01-08-2016, 09:24 PM
DC proper and rides bikes! Los Dos is so cool! I just joined the Strava group. Looking forward to sharing some chilly rides with you all this winter.

Steve O
01-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Los Dos. Ha! Just 1/10th the team of Dos Equis!!

jwetzel
01-10-2016, 11:47 AM
So far I the following having 6 checked in here on the forums.
jwetzel
randomduck
schvin
rebeccalevy
khill
ian_co

The Strava group has 8 members joined.
The leaderboard shows 7, the strava group shows all 8 having done rides, so I will ask about that.

That leaves the following outstanding folks outstanding.
amsmith - Think they joined the group.
RenneYvonne - Think they joined the strava group.
Lizperaltareed - Was at the HH
Cmcmackin87
DaveK
elisa
Ellenct

Expect PMs from me directing you to this thread and the Strava group. They are going to be short so I can get outside and enjoy this not so freezing saddles weather!

Cmcmackin87
01-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Woo! Hey everyone. Great to meet some of you at the HH, looking forward to getting to know (& kick some serious frozen butt with) the rest of you!

DaveK
01-10-2016, 07:20 PM
I'm slow!

I don't get on the forum as much these days but I'll try to check in regularly. I'm up to date though - on Strava in the team group.

cvcalhoun
01-10-2016, 10:38 PM
If PMs to them don't work, you can PM me to get real names, e-mails, and Strava links.
So far I the following having 6 checked in here on the forums.
jwetzel
randomduck
schvin
rebeccalevy
khill
ian_co

The Strava group has 8 members joined.
The leaderboard shows 7, the strava group shows all 8 having done rides, so I will ask about that.

That leaves the following outstanding folks outstanding.
amsmith - Think they joined the group.
RenneYvonne - Think they joined the strava group.
Lizperaltareed - Was at the HH
Cmcmackin87
DaveK
elisa
Ellenct

Expect PMs from me directing you to this thread and the Strava group. They are going to be short so I can get outside and enjoy this not so freezing saddles weather!

schvin
01-11-2016, 01:29 PM
sweet! sorry for the lag, have been traveling. cx nationals was fun!

that is pretty cool that we are all in DC proper. i joined the strava group as well (george l.).

i plan to ride most days except when traveling and can't find a bike.

jwetzel
01-14-2016, 12:15 PM
Only 3 points out of 19th place! Quick, someone go ride 3 miles!

Amalitza
01-14-2016, 01:11 PM
Only 3 points out of 19th place! Quick, someone go ride 3 miles!

oops, too late ;)

jwetzel
01-14-2016, 02:42 PM
oops, too late ;)

Fine, I'll go do 22.

sszibler
01-14-2016, 06:51 PM
Hola!

khill
01-19-2016, 01:25 PM
I just got the following comment on my commute from this morning:
"Kate, you are not showing up on the BAFS leader board. You need to authorize the app to read your Strava feed. Please check in with your team captain if you do not know how to do this. Thanks!"

-- I'm not even sure what that is. What do I need to do to fix this?

Sunyata
01-19-2016, 02:28 PM
I just got the following comment on my commute from this morning:
"Kate, you are not showing up on the BAFS leader board. You need to authorize the app to read your Strava feed. Please check in with your team captain if you do not know how to do this. Thanks!"

-- I'm not even sure what that is. What do I need to do to fix this?

That was me that commented. I wanted to make sure everyone that was on a team was getting counted.

Please click on the following link:
freezingsaddles.com/authorize (http://freezingsaddles.com/authorize)

That will link your Strava account with the FS app so that your rides count towards your team's point total (and so you can be in the running for the pointless prizes).

:cool:

khill
01-19-2016, 02:32 PM
Thank you for the heads-up! I could've sworn I was registered for everything, but apparently not. Appreciate it!

Sorry y'all are stuck on a team with me -- I am mostly using this as a motivating tool to keep me biking through the winter. On a good week, I only get about 40 miles in, since I pretty much just commute via bike. Freezing Saddles is the only reason I got on my bike this morning, though, so... success?

schvin
01-19-2016, 05:47 PM
w000t!

KWL
01-19-2016, 06:31 PM
...Sorry y'all are stuck on a team with me -- I am mostly using this as a motivating tool to keep me biking through the winter. ...That is the whole raison d'Ítre of Freezing Saddles. I too pretty much have only commuting miles, but FS has motivated me to look for some weekend riding this winter. Still not much, but more than I usually do. Oh, and as a member of Team 12, I must encourage you to ride less often and fewer miles. :)

jwetzel
01-21-2016, 12:34 PM
That was me that commented. I wanted to make sure everyone that was on a team was getting counted.

Please click on the following link:
freezingsaddles.com/authorize (http://freezingsaddles.com/authorize)

That will link your Strava account with the FS app so that your rides count towards your team's point total (and so you can be in the running for the pointless prizes).

:cool:

Oh. I was wondering why things looked a little weird, but didn't put it together.

Worst team captain.

randomduck
02-19-2016, 08:28 AM
Sorry for my boat anchor status in the team. The ski season has wreaked havoc on my bike time, to say the least.

khill
02-19-2016, 09:12 AM
Don't worry, it's not just you! I've been sick and traveling a fair amount, and my bike isn't really well set up for ice, so I've been way below normal on my riding, also.

That said, I've been pretty pleased with myself that I've kept up as well as I have -- there are definitely mornings where I dragged myself together to bike in exclusively because I knew I had a team counting on me. That's good, right?