PDA

View Full Version : How is the forum doing? I'll tell you!

Tim Kelley
07-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Starting as just a BikeArlington effort in January of 2010, the forum has grown over the past 18 months through a partnership with WABA and goDCgo. Here are some fun stats for you from Google Analytics:

-As of writing, there are 5,729 posts in 795 threads. There are 622 registered members and 206 active members. (Active meaning logged in during the past 60 days).

-Over the past 18 months or so, we've had 53,000 visits from 23,000 unique visitors with more than 300,000 page views at an average of 5.7 pages/visit. Very impressive is that the average time on the site is 4:52, which is quite long in "internet time."

-In the first 6 months of 2011, compared to the first 6 months of 2010, visits were up 539% and page views were up 709%!

-With visits from 122 countries/territories, overwhelmingly most visitors come from the United States, with the UK, Canada, Australia and India rounding out the top 5.

-The top traffic sources come directly from bookmarks or typing in the URL and from Google. Both the BikeArlington.com and WABA.org websites also drive a significant amount of traffic as well. Firefox and IE are tied for the most popular browser, with Safari and Chrome split almost evenly for second place.

-The most popular category is "General Discussion" with the most viewed thread being "SRAM & Shimano Compatibility (http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?187-SRAM-Shimano-Compatibility)" The record number of users on at once is 121, which was set on 7/11/2011 at 3:16.

-The most new posts in a month in 2010 was 329 in December. The lowest number of new posts in 2011 was 296 in April. The most new posts in a month in 2011 was in June with 1184.

-As of writing, Dirt is the top poster with 730 posts (only 20 more til he gets an upgrade in title/rank), with CCrew a distant second and myself, Mark Blacknell, and acc in the top 5.

Thank you everyone for contributing to such a great online community!!

acc
07-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Dirt is amazing. I learn so much (even when I understand about half of what he's saying) and laugh so much at the way he says things.

Mr Kelley, you keep us informed with clear useful and accurate information. You always have a quick response - thank you.

Mr CCrew, you have experienced everything that could possibly happen on a bike and tell the stories with style.

Mr Blacknell, you are an excellent Social Secretary. I just wonder if you can make coffee.:D

This is a good place to be,
ann

Dirt
07-19-2011, 10:14 AM
I like the term "unique visitor". :D

But seriously... Thanks y'all for making a great forum!!!!

CCrew
07-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Impressive! Keep up the good work all!

Mark Blacknell
07-19-2011, 12:33 PM
(just rounding out the top 5)

PotomacCyclist
07-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Bike Arlington rocks!

consularrider
07-20-2011, 08:38 AM
OK, so everyone is working on padding their posting/visit statistics? ;)

CCrew
07-20-2011, 08:44 AM

Of course!

http://youtu.be/epjJCMvrjLg

Tim Kelley
07-20-2011, 09:24 AM

With cyclists, it's always a race! Even when there is nothing to win...

WillStewart
07-20-2011, 10:13 AM
This forum has been very beneficial to my quest to become a bike commuter. There have been a number of lessons learned that others shared that helped me over the hump of indecision/doubt/inertia. This also provides a means of educating new riders in the ongoing shift in car<->bike culture and how we can assist in that transition with identification of needed enhancements, interaction with drivers, and in general learning to be a force for cycling 'good'.

So carry forth and continue to do good things, which a generation from now may be recognized as the leading edge of crucially needed change.

Riley Casey
07-20-2011, 03:39 PM

Jeez, I'm loosing a race I didn't even know I was in. Better get a move on.

Dirt
07-20-2011, 04:18 PM
With cyclists, it's always a race! Even when there is nothing to win...
Wasn't it you that said that he feeds his workouts on the tears of his competitors?

Tim Kelley
07-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Wasn't it you that said that he feeds his workouts on the tears of his competitors?

Guilty. Want to go for a ride this weekend?

acc
07-21-2011, 02:06 AM
Oohh, oooh, pick me, pick me -- oh wait. Now I get it.

Nevermind.

ann

Dirt
07-21-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm on the mountain bike this weekend preparing for Costa Rica. I've got a long ride planned for Saturday... It'll be a minimum of 80 miles, probably more than that if I can keep hydrated. Sunday I'm heading for a bit more challenging terrain to see if I still remember how to climb in rocky, challenging terrain.

Sorry to keep wimping out and not being there to fuel your workouts. Things will settle back down soon.