PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers

cvcalhoun
12-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Just thought I'd start one central post for both requesting volunteers (in hopes someone will volunteer) and listing existing volunteers (so people can coordinate among themselves). I'll update this as we go along.

People who have volunteered:

Initial organizing:

Sticky: Amalitza
Leaderboards: hozn
Team assignments: Sunyata, assisted by Amalitza as needed
Bunch O' Slackers organizer: PeteD

Happy hours:

happy hours.: eminva
help with happy hours: Kwarkentien
I'll do something... maybe help w/ the happy hour at the end. I have no useful skills, though -- I'm a lawyer ;-): CPTJohnC
Organize happy hours: sarahbee
I'd love to help with happy hour stuff: CBGAnimal
Will help plan a happy hour.: sammyiam
DTSS CoffeeClub/HappyHour. Dare you.: Trailofgears
Assist with happy hour and prizes.: Rob_O

(Initial happy hour announcement is here (http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?9636-Opening-happy-hour-for-Freezing-Saddles-2016&p=130076#post130076).)

Prizes:

Pointless Prizes coordinator: Steve O
I will definitely do a pointless prize or two. Just haven't decided yet what for - probably figure out something in January.: vvill
I volunteer to send artisanally handcrafted hipster prizes from PDX: kelonwheels
I will coordinate side bets (or reindeer games that don't last the entire challenge period to get people out and riding): mikey
I'll award a Pointless Prize.: komorebi
I'll do something... pointless prize: CPTJohnC
Instagram prize: Subby
Make silly stuff out of old bike parts.: Vicegrip
pointless prizes -- not sure if I will repeat last year's or do something new: Alcova Cyclist
Pointless prizes: eminva
Pointless prizes and other reindeer games: Kwarkentien
Pointlessprizing!: Brn Moore
Run Beerneuring Side Bet: sjclaeys
some silly challenge/prize thingy or some such thing: vern
Pointless Prize: chris_s
I have a bunch of pointless prizes in my head (and a lot of other meaningless garbage in my head, too). Details TBA.: wheels&wings
Pointless Prize: chris_s
KIDICAL: dasgeh
Awards could be fun: kitty
I plan to give out multiple awards.: wheels&wings
I will organize a side bet for last place team to get Elite Chocolate, and could also award that to the tortoise prize winner.: lordofthemark
Provide a really really totally pointless prize: Dickie
Pointless prize for most hp laps: arlingtonrider

(Others are listed in the Pointless Prizes 2016 (http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?9628-Pointless-Prizes-2016) thread.)

Group rides:

FSLNHPP (Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party): Steve O
Last year I ended up leading a convoy to Happy Hour, and could do that again.: lordofthemark
Organize group rides: ctankcycles
Organize group rides: sarahbee
organize group rides: Rod Smith
I'd love to lead rides: CBGAnimal
Organize a ride. I enjoy MBT to Silver Spring and back through RCP: SouthernDCist

Other:

Kerfuffle: beaversd
Lap dances for team leaders?: ian74
General gadfly.: Steve O
ok: Dino
Photography; Beer: 83(b)
Will volunteer to do whatever is needed!: rebeccalevy
Yes!: ewilliams0305
Yes. What needs to be done.: Judd
I will have to see what comes up - first timer here!: Supernova
If I can from far away!: elwbikes
Sure, no idea what needs help with, but willing to help.: annoyedindc
possibly-- will have to decide in January: historygeek
maybe something else: vern
I'll count the blue cars: ChuckS
Let me acclimate and I will surely find a good niche for this.: S. Arlington Observer
Yes: zeli
Yes.: jwiedhahn
Sure! I can try to help where there is a need. I'm new and not sure of what tasks need doing,: kitty
where needed: rj1754
Solving kerfuffles: jwetzel
I'll do something cool with the website, or help with maintenance if asked: ian_co
yes but not sure what.: paulg
Organized Drinking? I'm in.: Feuchtner
Probably: rcannon100
Sure: david.helms570@gmail.com
Yes. I like coffee and corralling people to coffee.: Mayhemnsuz
Sure: TheSuperMonad
Willing to help as necessary.: kjdtarheel

consularrider
12-07-2015, 02:14 PM
I'll be happy to lead an international ride if anyone want to join me somewhere in Europe before spring arrives.

cvcalhoun
12-07-2015, 02:16 PM
I'm thinking you're relatively safe on that one!
I'll be happy to lead an international ride if anyone want to join me somewhere in Europe before spring arrives.

Steve O
12-07-2015, 02:25 PM
You can also put me down as helping to coordinate the FSLNHPP.

cvcalhoun
12-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Thanks! Added.
You can also put me down as helping to coordinate the FSLNHPP.

wheels&wings
12-07-2015, 02:39 PM
I have a bunch of pointless prizes in my head (and a lot of other meaningless garbage in my head, too). Details TBA. Feel free to add me to your list! w&w

cvcalhoun
12-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Added. You will note that all volunteering is noted using the exact words of the volunteer. ;)
I have a bunch of pointless prizes in my head (and a lot of other meaningless garbage in my head, too). Details TBA. Feel free to add me to your list! w&w

Amalitza
12-07-2015, 02:59 PM
I'll do my best to keep the sticky current.

cvcalhoun
12-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Ah, I should have noted that in the "initial organizing" section. It's been added now.

Steve O
12-07-2015, 04:02 PM

Isn't that what Willy Wonka said about the chocolate river?

vvill
12-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Isn't that what Willy Wonka said about the chocolate river?

*groan*

Anyway, I will definitely do a pointless prize or two. Just haven't decided yet what for - probably figure out something in January.

PeteD
12-22-2015, 09:34 AM
If you intend to be a Slacker: Don't forget that we still need someone to set up the Strava club for the Slackers, since they have no captain. Can someone help with this?

I will be the Slacker team captain. I did such a bang up job not motivating anyone the first year for "Team II", I know I'll do even worse this year... And hey, there's always Fallout 4 to play.

--Pete

Sunyata
12-22-2015, 11:17 AM
I will be the Slacker team captain. I did such a bang up job not motivating anyone the first year for "Team II", I know I'll do even worse this year... And hey, there's always Fallout 4 to play.

--Pete

Pete, correct me if I am wrong, but I have you signed up for an actual team... Let me know if this is not accurate and I will delete your registration info.

cvcalhoun
12-22-2015, 11:43 AM
Pete, correct me if I am wrong, but I have you signed up for an actual team... Let me know if this is not accurate and I will delete your registration info.
Sunyata, his registration form says, "Due to Injury, if there is a slackers team, I would want to be on it." I sent him an e-mail yesterday pointing out that there is no longer a Slackers "team," and that slackers aren't supposed to use the registration form, and asking him whether he wanted to be assigned to a team or to wait for January to be a Slacker. I haven't gotten a response yet, but I assume his post means he chose the latter. If he can confirm, I'll delete his registration.

PeteD
12-22-2015, 12:43 PM
Sunyata, his registration form says, "Due to Injury, if there is a slackers team, I would want to be on it." I sent him an e-mail yesterday pointing out that there is no longer a Slackers "team," and that slackers aren't supposed to use the registration form, and asking him whether he wanted to be assigned to a team or to wait for January to be a Slacker. I haven't gotten a response yet, but I assume his post means he chose the latter. If he can confirm, I'll delete his registration.

Didn't want to be on a team this year, but wanted to participate. So whatever needs to happen administratively, please do. :)

Sunyata
12-22-2015, 12:59 PM
Didn't want to be on a team this year, but wanted to participate. So whatever needs to happen administratively, please do. :)

Will do, Pete. Heal up from your injuries!

cvcalhoun
12-22-2015, 01:18 PM

Done. And I hope you heal quickly!

cvcalhoun
12-30-2015, 04:58 PM
Just a reminder: The first post in this thread includes a list of everyone who has volunteered.

If you have volunteered for something specific: It is up to you to follow up and do the thing you volunteered for.

If you have volunteered, but weren't sure what to volunteer for: The above categories give you an idea of what types of help we're looking for. You may want to pick out something and contact someone on that list to figure out how you can help.

If you need help: We've got several people at the bottom of this list who have indicated a willingness to help, but haven't picked out a specific task. You may want to contact one or more of them to ask if they can help.