PDA

View Full Version : Opening happy hour for Freezing Saddles 2016

cvcalhoun
12-06-2015, 11:01 PM
Is anyone organizing the initial happy hour for Freezing Saddles 2016? No, I'm not volunteering to do it; I've already been abused enough over the registration forms. ;) But I'd like to get it onto my calendar. I don't think I've managed to get to one yet, and it's about time!

ETA: Alas, I'm preserving my record of never showing up to one. I'm on a business trip to Arkansas that day (yeah, second prize was two trips to Arkansas!), and won't get back until just after it ends. But the rest of you have fun--and thanks to the intrepid BAFS2016HHPC that organized this!

Arlingtonrider
12-07-2015, 09:50 AM
As a few already know, after three years and with additional other responsibilities, I'm passing on the baton for organizing the Freezing Saddles initial and final happy hours, so any interested volunteers shouldn't hesitate to step up! It's a great way to contribute and it doesn't need to be organized the same way we have in the past (e.g., finding a venue with a separate room). With Freezing Saddles growing both in numbers and in people living outside of Arlington, it might be time for some fresh ideas (although Cap City in Shirlington may still be possible as a venue if someone else would like to arrange that). We didn't have an initial happy hour the first year, but still managed to have a lot of fun get-togethers, with teams making their team events open to all Freezing Saddles participants. That worked well too. Please keep in mind that Freezing Saddles depends on volunteers, so no volunteers = no initial or final happy hours. (Freezing Saddles is mostly about the riding and the friendships/teams anyway, right?)

cvcalhoun
12-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Our hard-working happy hour volunteers (listed on this page (http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?9637-Volunteers&p=129298)) are now working on this--and a big thanks to them! If anyone wants to join them to help with happy hour planning, you can a) so indicate on your form when you register, or b) if you have already registered, send me a private message saying you'd like to help, or c) if you're not registering (e.g., if you are a slacker) send me a private message that includes your e-mail saying you'd like to help. I'm not actually involved in happy hour planning myself, but since I've got the information from the registration forms, I'm putting the volunteers in touch with each other.

kwarkentien
12-20-2015, 09:27 PM
On behalf of the BAFS 2016 Happy Hour Planning Committee (yes, we need a whole committee of six people to do the job that Arlingtonrider has done single-handedly for the past two years!), I'm happy to announce the details for the opening happy hour for BAFS 2016:

Date: Thursday, 7 January 2016
Time: 5-8pm
Place: Mr. Smith's of Georgetown (http://mrsmiths.com/v1/index), 3205 K Street NW, Washington DC 20007

Mr Smith's has a large room that can accommodate our raucous band of biking merrymakers. It's a bit more centrally-located for you non-VA riders, located just under the Whitehurst Freeway at Wisconsin Avenue and K/Water Streets. We are still working on the bike parking arrangements but will most probably set up a bike valet bike corral that your committee members will manage and assure the safety of our precious carbon, titanium, aluminum, and steel steeds.

Please respond to this thread if you are planning to come. If your plans change, we ask that you update your RSVP.

We also ask all revelers to contribute $10 to cover the cost of appetizers that will be for all to share. (We'll have an envelope at the registration table for this purpose.) We ask for this "donation" as part of our deal with Mr Smith's is the promise of sales of at least $500 in sales. (Past happy hours have had similar requirements to host parties as large as ours.) Individual tabs are available to cover your drinks and anything else you'd like to order.

We look forward to seeing you on 7 January!

Your BAFS2016HHPC

hozn
12-20-2015, 11:12 PM
Too centrally located for me [coming from Reston after work], but y'all have fun! I am hoping to have made some updates/improvements to the site by then, but will just post any updates in the subforum.

S. Arlington Observer
12-20-2015, 11:40 PM
On behalf of the BAFS 2016 Happy Hour Planning Committee (yes, we need a whole committee of six people to do the job that Arlingtonrider has done single-handedly for the past two years!), I'm happy to announce the details for the opening happy hour for BAFS 2016:

Date: Thursday, 7 January 2016
Time: 5-8pm
Place: Mr. Smith's of Georgetown (http://mrsmiths.com/v1/index), 3205 K Street NW, Washington DC 20007

Mr Smith's has a large room that can accommodate our raucous band of biking merrymakers. It's a bit more centrally-located for you non-VA riders, located just under the Whitehurst Freeway at Wisconsin Avenue and K/Water Streets. We are still working on the bike parking arrangements but will most probably set up a bike valet bike corral that your committee members will manage and assure the safety of our precious carbon, titanium, aluminum, and steel steeds.

I hope this is not a silly question, but is it OK to arrive by means other than bicycle? I do bike to work but am not too keen on crossing the river twice around or after dark. I may take a bus to the event (and back to Courthouse to ride home on familiar turf) but don't want to commit some sort of unspoken "no/no" by doing so.

cvcalhoun
12-20-2015, 11:50 PM
Yep, you can arrive however you want, so long as you don't try to count nonbike miles in your Freezing Saddles totals. :D

I hope this is not a silly question, but is it OK to arrive by means other than bicycle? I do bike to work but am not too keen on crossing the river twice around or after dark. I may take a bus to the event (and back to Courthouse to ride home on familiar turf) but don't want to commit some sort of unspoken "no/no" by doing so.

kwarkentien
12-21-2015, 12:08 AM
Sure. You can walk, hoverboard, teleport, whatever.

Sunyata
12-21-2015, 08:33 AM
Awesome! I will be there (and can get there early if you folks need some help setting up).

A HUGE thanks for organizing everything.

bobco85
12-21-2015, 09:28 AM
There's always the option of biking with a group to/from the happy hour. Since it will be in DC, there's likely to be a contingent of Arlington/Alexandria/Fairfax/etc. folks who will have to cross the river, too, that you could ride with (yay for bicycle convoys!).

BTW, I work in Ballston, live in Alexandria (Mark Center area), and am very comfortable with riding at all hours of day/night, so we could coordinate getting there and back if you'd like. Note: this invitation extends to everyone else who may be getting there via the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor.

consularrider
12-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Since I pledged to make a special trip from Kyiv to the opening happy if I was allowed to participate in Freezing Saddles 2016, I will be there.

lordofthemark
12-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Note, that by 8PM (well 7PM actually, IIRC) you can take your bike on metro, plus you can always put it on a bus (DC circulator buses which run from GTown to Rosslyn have bike racks, as well as metrobuses) so there are plenty of options to bike one way and metro the other, or to use metro to avoid the bridge crossing and the IoD late, etc.

I will attend, and will be playing it by ear as to mode. I might be interested in a post HH convoy from GTown to the Pentagon metro station. I am sure there will be a post HH convoy from GTown to the Foggy Bottom and/or DuPont Metro stations.

Alcova cyclist
12-21-2015, 10:27 AM
I plan to attend and will be heading back to central Arlington (Alcova Heights - hence the forum name) via the Route 50 trail or maybe cutting through Fort Myer. Happy to convoy with others headed that way.

vern
12-21-2015, 10:54 AM
I will be attending, making my first foray across the Key Bridge. Returning to Reston for anyone making the westward trek into Fairfax County via the WOD (or maybe should just camp out at Java Shack for coffee the next morning).

Tania
12-21-2015, 11:06 AM
I will be attending, making my first foray across the Key Bridge. Returning to Reston for anyone making the westward trek into Fairfax County via the WOD (or maybe should just camp out at Java Shack for coffee the next morning).

I will take you up on this offer if I don't decide to be lazy and take metro home.

KayakCyndi
12-21-2015, 11:23 AM
In.

Arlingtonrider
12-21-2015, 11:34 AM
I plan to be there, with very sincere thanks to the awesome new happy hour volunteers!

dkel
12-21-2015, 12:53 PM
I work Thursday evenings, so I'm out. Perhaps Rockford will be my emissary.

Rockford10
12-21-2015, 01:09 PM
I'm a maybe. Can I call it Chadwicks though? Mr. Smiths is the place on M. :)

sethpo
12-21-2015, 01:26 PM
We've finally broken the stranglehold of the NoVa Mafia! Next up, renaming BAFS something more inclusive like BMoCoFS :)

I'm in (and honestly after attending a few HH's in Shirlington I probably wouldn't have gone that far out again).

TwoWheelsDC
12-21-2015, 01:37 PM
I'm going to try and make it, but I won't be able to stay too long, as I have a work event further downtown at 7pm that night. If I'm able to arrive by bike, it'll be a CaBi from Rosslyn.

BetGrrl
12-21-2015, 02:30 PM
Yippee, I will definitely be there! Thanks for organizing!

BTW, Rockford10. I was also confused by the Chadwick's/Mr. Smith's thing, but apparently while we were too busy cycling back in 2014 to notice, Mr. Smith's bought out that Chadwick's location under Whitehurst Freeway.

KWL
12-21-2015, 02:43 PM
I'll be there.

Steve O
12-21-2015, 03:30 PM
Sadly, I will be in Los Angeles visiting my sister. I will try to take a ride or two in the bitter cold.

That said, I will need someone trustworthy to vend the ankle bands. And someone to announce my two pre-FS Pointless Prizes.

sjclaeys
12-21-2015, 04:31 PM
I plan to attend, especially since Steve O won't be there. Can't have more than one Steve at the same time.

rcannon100
12-21-2015, 10:48 PM
We've finally broken the stranglehold of the NoVa Mafia! Next up, renaming BAFS something more inclusive like BMoCoFS :)

https://media.giphy.com/media/10hfegXGKVRVNm/giphy.gif

cvcalhoun
12-21-2015, 11:16 PM
I'm a maybe. Can I call it Chadwicks though? Mr. Smiths is the place on M. :)

"The place on M" has now moved to what was formerly Chadwick's (http://dc.eater.com/2014/8/19/6168639/mr-smiths-will-relocate-to-chadwicks-space).

I'm in (and honestly after attending a few HH's in Shirlington I probably wouldn't have gone that far out again).

I will neither confirm nor deny that someone from Montgomery County may have proposed the new location.

Dickie
12-22-2015, 10:34 AM
Sadly, I will be in Los Angeles visiting my sister. I will try to take a ride or two in the bitter cold.
That said, I will need someone trustworthy to vend the ankle bands. And someone to announce my two pre-FS Pointless Prizes.

Wait… didn't you bribe me to come with the promise of finally presenting the "guess consularrider's departure date" prize? You sneaky bugger. Regardless, I plan to attend unless my new TBB (tiny-baby-boss) objects.

DCAKen
12-22-2015, 10:49 AM
I'll be there!

TriGirlSara
12-22-2015, 10:59 AM
I will also be there! And thank you for picking a DC location. :D

Amalitza
12-22-2015, 11:20 AM
I should be there. I also expect to bike from VA and would be happy to join a caravan home.

Steve O
12-22-2015, 12:03 PM
Wait… didn't you bribe me to come with the promise of finally presenting the "guess consularrider's departure date" prize? You sneaky bugger. Regardless, I plan to attend unless my new TBB (tiny-baby-boss) objects.

It will be there! (that's what I meant about the two pre-FS PPs). I won't be there to present it, sadly. But I will hire someone to impersonate me. Maybe sjclaeys; his name is Steve, after all.

worktheweb
12-22-2015, 01:39 PM
I will be there and can be a part of an MVT convoy afterward if anyone wants the company.

KLizotte
12-22-2015, 02:32 PM
I'll be there.

sjclaeys
12-22-2015, 02:37 PM
It will be there! (that's what I meant about the two pre-FS PPs). I won't be there to present it, sadly. But I will hire someone to impersonate me. Maybe sjclaeys; his name is Steve, after all.

Uh, I don't do impressions.

sjclaeys
12-22-2015, 02:38 PM

Sorry, who are you again?

rcannon100
12-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Sorry, who are you again?

https://taxbreakdotme.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/benny-hill1.jpg

wheels&wings
12-22-2015, 03:30 PM
Looking forward. HUGE thanks to cvcalhoun, kwarkentien, and the entire FS organizing team. You guys are amazing...the good humor, the zillion details, the participatory and upfront decision-making, and all the hard work in the wee hours when most of us are fast asleep. Pure awesomeness, really, thank you. See you on the 7th. w&w

Steve O
12-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Uh, I don't do impressions.

Yeah, but you owe me. Didn't I award your beerneuring brewskis on your behalf at the final Happy Hour last year? I did not embarrassingly attempt to impersonate you, though. For which the attendees are eternally grateful.

ewilliams0305
12-22-2015, 05:06 PM
In!!! And Thanks for the move to this side of the river. Wasn't looking forward to the madness that is having no idea how to cycle in Northern VA after dark.

DismalScientist
12-22-2015, 06:08 PM
In!!! And Thanks for the move to this side of the river. Wasn't looking forward to the madness that is having no idea how to cycle in Northern VA after dark.
You ride the same way as in Maryland, but you don't have to dodge as many bad drivers.:rolleyes:

P.S. I'm in.

JonRobot
12-22-2015, 07:08 PM
i'm totally new to this, but since this is the first winter i've planned on commuting straight through, so why not try to win silly prizes and be part of a team? i'm in.

consularrider
12-22-2015, 07:09 PM
I will take you up on this offer if I don't decide to be lazy and take metro home.

Well Tania, you know I will always ride with you as long as I am in the area.

consularrider
12-22-2015, 07:12 PM

Maybe you could have a ringer present it since I was the subject of it after all (who cares about people named Steve, if it's not a variation of Chris, it doesn't count).

cvcalhoun
12-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Maybe you could have a ringer present it since I was the subject of it after all (who cares about people named Steve, if it's not a variation of Chris, it doesn't count).

You'll be pleased to know that there are so far 13 people with names that are a version of Chris registered for this year's Freezing Saddles. The dominance of the Chrises continues.

Vicegrip
12-22-2015, 08:13 PM
Ahem, in name only....;)

KWL
12-22-2015, 09:21 PM
I will be there and can be a part of an MVT convoy afterward if anyone wants the company.I'll be headed that way.

AFHokie
12-23-2015, 01:07 AM
Unfortunately, I'm headed out of town on the 7th.

shardg
12-23-2015, 05:15 PM
New to the group but plan on making the HH.

consularrider
12-23-2015, 09:03 PM
You'll be pleased to know that there are so far 13 people with names that are a version of Chris registered for this year's Freezing Saddles. The dominance of the Chrises continues.

If you include those starting with "K" there are now 15 on the Strava club plus one "Kit," which may count as well.

jwetzel
12-23-2015, 09:50 PM
I like beer.

glennpstevens
12-24-2015, 12:34 AM
I'm in!

cvcalhoun
12-24-2015, 01:27 AM
If you include those starting with "K" there are now 15 on the Strava club plus one "Kit," which may count as well.
Yeah, not everyone on the Strava club has actually registered. I am hoping the extras are Slackers. But I suspect that some just lack reading comprehension.

Amalitza
12-24-2015, 10:46 AM
Are we announcing teams at happy hour again this year?

Sinclair
12-24-2015, 11:03 AM
I will try to make the HH. :)

Brünø Moore
12-24-2015, 01:59 PM
Yay! No more "where the eff is Shirlington?" No more "okay, you're going to cross this highway interchange by the Pentagon," no more attempts to navigate a frozen over MVT, just fun dodging busses on M Street (and the disaster that is the M Street Cycletrack)—or having actual fun avoiding it all on the C&O and laughing at all the eejits in their cars honking at one another and hating their lives.

Expect us.

Rod Smith
12-24-2015, 02:57 PM
Count me in! If anyone is setting up a bike valet operation, I'll volunteer for a shift of watching the horses.

kwarkentien
12-24-2015, 03:43 PM
Count me in! If anyone is setting up a bike valet operation, I'll volunteer for a shift of watching the horses.

Rod, I'll take you up on that.

jonathankrall
12-24-2015, 04:23 PM
I'll be there! Possibly freezing, probably without a saddle.

PC-Chile
12-25-2015, 11:26 PM
Hi! this is Paula, I will be there! thanks for organizing this :)

DanaWise
12-26-2015, 11:57 AM
Out of excuses not to come. ... Looking for a pull up the CCT afterwards.

Mikey
12-26-2015, 02:53 PM
I am a strong maybe. Thursday's are good.

Subby
12-26-2015, 05:53 PM
I'll be there!

Mtansill
12-26-2015, 11:45 PM
I will try to be there, but the outlook is grim. Gotta get up at 0400 Friday to go to work. :P

kitcrumbley
12-27-2015, 04:44 PM

It counts! In my case, "Kit" is short for Christopher.

Lizperaltareed
12-28-2015, 05:31 PM
Should be there. Hopefully with my wife Beth, need her to late register too! Sorry new to the area and just heard of this.

eoarl
12-28-2015, 06:18 PM
I will be there, hopefully via bike. Will try to keep up with Alcova Cyclist on the way home.

cvcalhoun
12-28-2015, 07:04 PM
Should be there. Hopefully with my wife Beth, need her to late register too! Sorry new to the area and just heard of this.

That's okay. We usually need at least a few late registrants to make up for people who register and then don't show up. And this year, there has been talk of adding people to the last-place team periodically to try to give them a boost. I suspect that people who register now (http://s94971567.onlinehome.us) have a good chance of ending up on teams.

Boomer2U
12-29-2015, 09:33 AM
I'm in, as one of the NOVA mafia types (who works in DC).

Many thanks to cvcalhoun and kwarkentien for organizing BAFS2016 and inaugural HH. Your are the few, the proud...the greatest!:-)

Boomer2U
12-29-2015, 09:35 AM

I volunteer to be that someone[emoji4]

Powerful Pete
12-29-2015, 02:29 PM
I will be there, as I cannot allow my BAFS nemesis (aka Boomer) to attend without my supervision.

Should my pneumonia allow, I will ride (all hail antibiotics, codeine infused cough syrups and inhalers).

I want a set of the ankle band doodads also.

Mtansill
12-29-2015, 10:17 PM
I will try to be there, but the outlook is grim. Gotta get up at 0400 Friday to go to work. :P

Oh! I think that I'll make it, now. I'm going to take a couple of hours off of work so that I can be at the HH 5-7pm. :)

peterw_diy
12-29-2015, 10:31 PM
I plan on attending. Thanks to all organizing this!

Edelweiss
12-30-2015, 12:08 AM
I am in. :cool:
Also heading up CCT and Georgetown Branch after the HH.

P.S. I am not a Chris nor a Steve.

bikeeveryday
12-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Count me in! Conveniently located on my route to the Capital Crescent Trail and home in SS, MD.

bikeeveryday
12-30-2015, 01:22 PM
Out of excuses not to come. ... Looking for a pull up the CCT afterwards.

Use me Dana Wise!

Bilsko
12-30-2015, 01:55 PM
*Finally* a BA happy hour where I am actually the person who lives the closest to the bar where the happy hour will be.

Can't miss this one!

jopamora
12-30-2015, 01:59 PM
I'm in. Looks like we should have a CCT->GBT after party.

Bilsko
12-30-2015, 02:02 PM
I'm in. Looks like we should have a CCT->GBT after party.

I'll bring a Camelback so you guys can fill up with a few for the road.

**NOT ENDORSING OR RECOMMENDING CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES WHILE RIDING ON THE CCT AND/OR GBT**

ian74
12-30-2015, 02:21 PM
I will be attending. See you there.

D_a_n_e
12-30-2015, 03:08 PM
RSVP: Attending

Mayhemnsuz
12-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Attending!

snugglefestival
12-30-2015, 04:31 PM
I'll be there!

Rockford10
12-30-2015, 05:24 PM
I'm planning to attend and will ride back to Falls Church. Anyone willing to go slooowly up the Custis west is welcome to join me.

accordioneur
12-30-2015, 05:27 PM
I plan on being there. Hope to ride (start in Ballston, home to EFC) but that depends on what craziness work throws my way this week.

USandstrom
12-31-2015, 10:44 AM
Coming!

reji
12-31-2015, 10:53 AM
I'm in and would be interested in joining anyone headed west on WOD afterwards. Looking forward to being more than a forum lurker this year!

Vicegrip
12-31-2015, 03:59 PM
In and another W&OD Wesy after the party.

jrenaut
12-31-2015, 04:26 PM
I'm in. Expect to Bikeshare down and cab or walk back, depending on my mood.

notamishpa
01-01-2016, 02:29 PM
I'm in! Thanks for organizing!

schvin
01-01-2016, 05:30 PM
planning to attend for part of it!

komorebi
01-01-2016, 07:30 PM
I plan to be there, although I'll be on the late side. If there's going to be a bike valet, I'm happy to take a shift. Thanks to the organizers for putting this together!

msalemme
01-01-2016, 11:05 PM
I plan on attending. Thanks for organizing!

pdubs
01-02-2016, 12:06 AM
I'll be there

melkell2
01-02-2016, 02:00 PM
I'll be there! Anyone riding from the Pentagon/Crystal City area? I'll be rolling at about 5-5:15.

Mikey
01-02-2016, 02:28 PM
The entire Mikey clan will be there: 2 adults, 3 kids

vvill
01-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Sorry for the late confirmation - I will be there, but only for about the first hour.

Vicegrip
01-02-2016, 09:52 PM
I am in and bringing the 1/1/16 longest ride ingot.

PotomacCyclist
01-03-2016, 03:11 AM
If the contest keeps growing like this every year, you may have to host next year's opening HH at the convention center.

====

FYI - (Since this place is just a few steps from Wisconsin Ave.) On your way back from the bar, you may want to take a minor detour and check out the arch underneath Wisconsin Ave. where it passes over the C&O Canal. The past couple of years, the Georgetown BID has been organizing a Christmas/holiday event called Georgetown Glow, a set of outdoor art installations using lighted structures or projections. This winter's program ran from Dec. 11 to Dec. 20. However, I discovered that the neon sculpture underneath Wisconsin Ave. is still in place. Probably because it doesn't affect the street-level buildings or streets, I guess.

Whatever the reason, that light sculpture is still in place as of this weekend, well after the rest of the Georgetown Glow event ended. Despite the name "WIRED People Project:
The Lovers," it's a "G-rated" sculpture (unless there's something I'm completely missing). I don't know if I would travel a long distance just to see it, but since it's so close to the bar, it's worth a look. It's just a couple blocks north (up the hill on Wisconsin Ave.), although you can't really see it too well from Wisconsin Ave. You can see part of one of the images at a time at the corners of the bridge over the canal.

The best way to see the sculpture is to head one block east, to 31st St. There's a bumpy dirt ramp down to the towpath from there, on the north bank. It might be best to walk your bikes down because there's a drop-off from the sidewalk to the start of the dirt ramp. After that, the path remains rough and there is no fence between the towpath and the water. The water isn't that deep, but I don't think anyone wants to be falling into cold water at night. Then walk your bike or ride very slowly on the rough dirt path to the Wisconsin Ave. arch.

http://www.georgetownglowdc.com/

Brünø Moore
01-03-2016, 08:38 AM
Oh, so that's what that is. I was biking past that on my way to Key Bridge BA-PAL Coffee when they were putting it up. Got a little tight with all us folks, wires, frames and such in that passage under the bridge.

Oh, and I just found out I don't get off work until after 7 that night, so if I'm able to show up, I'll be late. Like, later than I usually am for things.

historygeek
01-03-2016, 10:57 AM
I'm in, since it's so close to my work (and thanks from this Marylander for having it in DC). I'm happy to convoy back to the Hyattsville area (otherwise I'll just metro).

LeslyJ
01-03-2016, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the DC location. I'm in!

Allan C
01-03-2016, 10:31 PM
I'll plan to stop in on my way north on the CCT.

Nadine
01-04-2016, 02:01 AM
I'm planning to come & hoping to arrange to caravan with at least one other person afterwards, a little on the early side.

Looks like a fair number of people are talking about bike caravaning back on the Custis trail. ANyone want to do that at ~ 6:30-7?

The woman-alone-at-night thing sometimes grabs me by the shirt and shakes me. I have been known to blow off plans because of it. So I'm more likely to go and actually be able to relax and have a beer (if they have a good IPA on tap :-D) if I know I have at least one for pretty sure person to ride back with..... I see that both organizing Steves live near me, but I bet they're not leaving before 8....

:-D Nadine

eminva
01-04-2016, 06:53 AM
Hello Crazy Winter Bicyclists:

If you are planning to attend the happy hour, even briefly, or if you think there is a good chance you might, please RSVP as soon as you can using this thread. I am making name tags and the tags will indicate your team. The only way to know what team you are on is to RSVP.* So don't hesitate.

Also, if you are bringing a spouse, kid or random hanger-on, please indicate their first name.

Team 14 wins the spirit award so far -- seven of their members have confirmed attendance at the happy hour. But Team 17, what's up?? Only one confirmed attendee?! Don't let poor [redacted] be all alone crying in his or her beer!

Thanks much.

Liz

Kitty
01-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Hey hey! Back from holiday travel and now able to RSVP for Thursday! Apologies for not doing so sooner, it's been go-go-go for about two weeks now.

PotomacCyclist
01-04-2016, 08:10 AM
I'm not participating in BAFS (or NoVaFS or MoCoFS or PGFS or DCFS) although I might ride outdoors 2-3 times a week over the winter. If we get hit by an Arctic blast or polar vortex like last winter, then I may have to take an unscheduled break from outdoor riding for a few days.

LeprosyStudyGroup
01-04-2016, 08:29 AM
tentative RSVP here <- my schedule is filling up because I'm moving to Alexandria mid month (which will double my commute mileage btw my team :P )

DrP
01-04-2016, 08:32 AM
My RSVP is a tentative - All day meeting with follow-on the next day may not allow me time to attend. But I will try.

JonRobot
01-04-2016, 08:42 AM
i already rsvp'd earlier in the thread, but my wife, alex, will also be coming with.

ramblingrider
01-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Sorry-- I have rehearsals Thursday nights, so I can't make it. I'll wait to hear what team I'm on via the forum.

Dickie
01-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Very doubtful for me… figured as soon as I moved a few feet from Shirlington the venue would change.

Steve O
01-04-2016, 09:47 AM
Very doubtful for me… figured as soon as I moved a few feet from Shirlington the venue would change.

Consular has your pointless prize to award you, if that is any enticement.

consularrider
01-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Consular has your pointless prize to award you, if that is any enticement.

Otherwise he will have to come all the way to Kyiv (or maybe Frankfurt).

Joan
01-04-2016, 10:19 AM
I'll be there.

Greenbelt
01-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Planning to attend, though probably late.

accordioneur
01-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Looks like a fair number of people are talking about bike caravaning back on the Custis trail. ANyone want to do that at ~ 6:30-7?

Hi Nadine. It looks like I might need to leave the Happy Hour early to get to music practice, so I could ride with you at around that time.

lordofthemark
01-04-2016, 11:05 AM

If you are planning to attend the happy hour, even briefly, or if you think there is a good chance you might, please RSVP as soon as you can using this thread. I am making name tags and the tags will indicate your team. The only way to know what team you are on is to RSVP.* So don't hesitate.

Also, if you are bringing a spouse, kid or random hanger-on, please indicate their first name.

Team 14 wins the spirit award so far -- seven of their members have confirmed attendance at the happy hour. But Team 17, what's up?? Only one confirmed attendee?! Don't let poor [redacted] be all alone crying in his or her beer!

Thanks much.

Liz

My wife (Judith) and daughter (Sarah) may attend, though their plans are up in the air. You could put QueenoftheMark and PrincessoftheMark on their name tags, though I think they will kill me if you do.

jwetzel
01-04-2016, 11:22 AM
I thought I had RSVP'd but it appears that I didn't. So here I am with a RSVP.

Yes.

Fast Friendly Guy
01-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Yes! We both will be there.

Fast Friendly Guy (Dave Pomeroy)
Karen B (Karen Brandt)

Liz, Sunyata, thank you for your hard work!

mikep
01-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Abby and I will be there.

trey197
01-04-2016, 12:23 PM
I'll be there

eminva
01-04-2016, 01:31 PM
You could put QueenoftheMark and PrincessoftheMark on their name tags, though I think they will kill me if you do.

Oh, we can do better than that. ;)

Liz

Boomer2U
01-04-2016, 04:02 PM
I will need someone trustworthy to vend the ankle bands.

I went with SteveO on his first beerneuring venture and convinced him that I was his trustworthy FS ankle/wrist band salesperson, so see me @ the HH if you want one (or more)... $3 each, or 2 for $5
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160106/f541973b8a3a54bb3ef3ad7a4b570ba8.jpg

KelOnWheels
01-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Google Maps says it will take me 260 hours to ride there, so I don't think I'll make it in time.

Also it wants to send me the northern route and I'm not sure about getting through the mountains this time of year...

Steve O
01-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Google Maps says it will take me 260 hours to ride there, so I don't think I'll make it in time.

My experience is that it typically overestimates how long it takes.

SarahBee
01-04-2016, 06:13 PM

Hey Steve-O, I'll be handing out name tags at the door. Happy to pawn off your wares to unsuspecting cyclists on their way in!

KelOnWheels
01-04-2016, 07:33 PM
My experience is that it typically overestimates how long it takes.

Sweet! I should be able to get there in like 250 hours then!

ShawnoftheDread
01-04-2016, 08:42 PM
My wife (Judith) and daughter (Sarah) may attend, though their plans are up in the air. You could put QueenoftheMark and PrincessoftheMark on their name tags, though I think they will kill me if you do.

Why do they both outrank you?

ShawnoftheDread
01-04-2016, 08:44 PM
I should be able to ride by to make a sarcastic quip or two.

Judd
01-04-2016, 08:52 PM
I'll be there.

dkel
01-04-2016, 09:03 PM
I should be able to ride by to make a sarcastic quip or two.

Don't sell yourself short: you can undoubtedly pack waaayyy more than a couple sarcasms into a brief visit! :rolleyes:

trout
01-05-2016, 07:47 AM
I may be able to get there by 7.

Raymo853
01-05-2016, 08:05 AM
I'll be there. Will be headed home to Shirlington via the Key Bridge and Custis is people wish to convoy. Not sure how long I will stay as I tend to get sleepy early.

The route idea: https://www.strava.com/routes/3891229

Irish_gorilla
01-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Couldn't have picked a better spot ... two (downhill) blocks away!

Tamar
01-05-2016, 09:20 PM
I'm new to this game and look forward to meeting everyone.
Tamar

Bikewoman
01-06-2016, 07:15 AM
I'm in!

david.helms570@gmail.com
01-06-2016, 07:16 AM
I'll be there! Dave

bruzasd
01-06-2016, 07:54 AM
I'm new here and I'll be there! May arrive closer to 6pm

MaryEllsworth
01-06-2016, 07:58 AM
w bike.

zeli
01-06-2016, 08:10 AM
I'll be there

bikenurse
01-06-2016, 08:21 AM
My obligations for Thursday have changed so I am a definite maybe for the HH. Thanks for organizing!

averagejo
01-06-2016, 08:23 AM
:cool:

SouthernDCist
01-06-2016, 08:37 AM
RSVP'ing to hopefully be there.

Dave

rebeccalevy
01-06-2016, 09:04 AM
I'll be there!

Erin Potter
01-06-2016, 09:18 AM
I will be there! Thanks to the organizers of rooms, teams, name tags and all other mischief.

Mir
01-06-2016, 09:19 AM
I'm going to try to come, but probably not till after 7.

aaronwelsh
01-06-2016, 09:23 AM
I'm in! Looking forward to meeting everyone

aeagle23
01-06-2016, 09:25 AM
I'll be there!:cool:

blarr1234
01-06-2016, 09:32 AM
I'll be there!

S. Arlington Observer
01-06-2016, 09:44 AM
Planning to attend.

Felkerino
01-06-2016, 10:11 AM
I'll be there, with bike. I'll try to bring Coffeeneur as well.

Felkerino
01-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Mary (Coffeeneur) will join me.

TimV
01-06-2016, 10:30 AM
I'll be there

LuisFilipe
01-06-2016, 10:37 AM
I am in

DCAKen
01-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Couldn't have picked a better spot ... two (downhill) blocks away!

That also means two uphill blocks after a few beers

Dino
01-06-2016, 11:26 AM
I'll be there tomorrow

sethpo
01-06-2016, 11:27 AM
In digging through my various bins of bike stuff looking for my neck warmer this week I came across three or four items that would make for very nice Pointless Prize Prizes. I don't, however, have any good ideas for a Pointless Prize contest.

Anyone that wants to partner up for a contest should talk to me at the happy hour. Otherwise, don't talk to me. That way I'll know who's interested in Pointless Prizes and those who otherwise just like idle chit chat and this happy hour is clearly not the place for idle chit chat.

Jwiedcycle
01-06-2016, 11:31 AM
I will be there, "Under the Bridge Downtown"
JW

Dickie
01-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Looks like I'm out of baby jail for a few minutes tomorrow. I'll arrive at 5:00 but can't stay long… screaming baby and rattled wife await my return.

bperaltareed
01-06-2016, 12:03 PM
trying to navigate this on my dumb smart phone is tricky. hopefully this counts as my rsvp. :p

Cmcmackin87
01-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Can't wait!

Zee_Rawww
01-06-2016, 12:32 PM

rcannon100
01-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Looks like I'm out of baby jail for a few minutes tomorrow. I'll arrive at 5:00 but can't stay long… screaming baby and rattled wife await my return.

So its "baby jail" already? That was quick. Usually the desire for a refund takes a few more years.

lkluger
01-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Will try and stop by - always up for a drink.

Bilsko
01-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Looked back through the thread, but didn't see if anything had been resolved as far as bike parking goes.

There are *not* a lot of options for locking up nearby...

U-racks in front of the movie theater a block away, some posts and parking signs, and a garage next door, but no idea if it has dedicated bike parking and if it could accommodate a large number of bikes.

And you'll want to be sure to lock up well - Georgetown definitely has more than its share of bike theft.

Bilsko
01-06-2016, 12:59 PM

If you are planning to attend the happy hour, even briefly, or if you think there is a good chance you might, please RSVP as soon as you can using this thread.

Liz

In case my earlier msg wasn't clear - I do plan to attend.

Tania
01-06-2016, 01:47 PM
Anyone riding down from Falls Church-ish area?

I work downtown but I have a quasi-emergency dentist appt at 2pm out in Fairfax and I know that getting back on my bike to ride another 28 miles roundtrip while numb and drooling isn't likely to happen on my own...

Sunyata
01-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Anyone riding down from Falls Church-ish area?

I work downtown but I have a quasi-emergency dentist appt at 2pm out in Fairfax and I know that getting back on my bike to ride another 28 miles roundtrip while numb and drooling isn't likely to happen on my own...

Not sure I can make it all the way down to Falls Church, but I could probably meet you at the Custis spur if that would help. Otherwise, I will be riding straight from Fairlington to Georgetown.

Tania
01-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Not sure I can make it all the way down to Falls Church, but I could probably meet you at the Custis spur if that would help. Otherwise, I will be riding straight from Fairlington to Georgetown.

That works! I'll message you tomorrow after my appt.

amsmith
01-06-2016, 02:52 PM
I will be there.

SarahBee
01-06-2016, 03:00 PM
I am RSVPing.

skibumleg
01-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Myself and hubs most likely

Teresa A
01-06-2016, 03:56 PM
I'll be there! Anyone riding from the Pentagon/Crystal City area? I'll be rolling at about 5-5:15.

I'll be rolling from the south end of CC, corner of the service road and 27th around that time.

consularrider
01-06-2016, 04:26 PM
That works! I'll message you tomorrow after my appt.

I'm not sure what time I'll be heading in since I'm hoping to get a long ride in starting with Thursday Coffee at Cafe Amouri. Last week I was home by 3.

Teresa A
01-06-2016, 05:19 PM
I'll be there.

shelbyekp
01-06-2016, 05:29 PM
I'll be there!

KWL
01-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Looked back through the thread, but didn't see if anything had been resolved as far as bike parking goes.

There are *not* a lot of options for locking up nearby...

U-racks in front of the movie theater a block away, some posts and parking signs, and a garage next door, but no idea if it has dedicated bike parking and if it could accommodate a large number of bikes.

And you'll want to be sure to lock up well - Georgetown definitely has more than its share of bike theft.What about across the street?

Vicegrip
01-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Lack of safe bike parking is not good... Can we set up a rotating watch?

vern
01-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Lack of safe bike parking is not good... Can we set up a rotating watch?

I thought that was the plan? Assuming it is, I will take a watch for some period between 5:30 and 7 if there is a need.

ccfinger
01-06-2016, 10:18 PM
I should be there by 6:30.

Kitty
01-06-2016, 10:20 PM
It occurs to me that this is the sort of Happy Hour where there will be announcements and things happening. There is no way I can be there by 5 (my regular office hours go to 5:45... assuming I get out on time), is there is certain time we should shoot to be there by if we don't want to miss anything? :confused:

HokHuk
01-07-2016, 06:16 AM
Andrea N. and I will be there.

anjalik20
01-07-2016, 07:13 AM
I will be there

kwarkentien
01-07-2016, 07:22 AM
Rest easy my fellow BAFSers, we your HH organizers are planning to do a bike corral. Anyone who would like to help us stand guard for a shift (10-15min or so), please let us know. We appreciate anyone willing to take one for the team.

jrenaut
01-07-2016, 07:29 AM
I plan to Bikeshare down, but I can do a shift. Are we going to do pairs or something so it's not quite so lonely?

kwarkentien
01-07-2016, 07:33 AM
I plan to Bikeshare down, but I can do a shift. Are we going to do pairs or something so it's not quite so lonely?

I think pairs are a great idea. If we have enough suckers, I mean volunteers, to help out, that would be wonderful.

jrenaut
01-07-2016, 07:54 AM
I think pairs are a great idea. If we have enough suckers, I mean volunteers, to help out, that would be wonderful.

We have 19 pages of RSVPs. If we don't have enough volunteers, we should all be ashamed.

Vicegrip
01-07-2016, 07:58 AM
Rest easy my fellow BAFSers, we your HH organizers are planning to do a bike corral. Anyone who would like to help us stand guard for a shift (10-15min or so), please let us know. We appreciate anyone willing to take one for the team.I am in for a shift. Only other tasks are (1) One pointless prize and (2) Beers.

I have a feeling the bike bin will be party #2.

Arlingtonrider
01-07-2016, 08:05 AM
If we're doing pairs, I would be happy to do a shift.

Also, I'd vote for short 10 or so minute shifts in pairs and lots of volunteers. Freezing Saddles depends on participants stepping up to help out, and spending 10-15 minutes in pairs is a great opportunity to do that and make new friends in the group at the same time.

Bilsko
01-07-2016, 08:55 AM
What about across the street?

Please don't take this the wrong way...but there is not a single place to lock up a bike securely in the entire picture. The *only* thing I would consider is my Fughedaboudit chain around one of the light poles and even that probably wouldn't make it all the way around pole and frame. There are no parking signs skinny enough for a U-Lock (no parking meters either). You could consider locking up to one of the benches facing the fountain, but that'd be pretty rude.
You could get a skinny U-Lock through the hoop at the top of the garbage can, but that's both rude and gross.

There are a handful of parking signs skinny enough to lock up to on the North side of the street, but unless you're playing snuggle-bikes, the best you'll do is 2 bikes per pole.

bobco85
01-07-2016, 10:12 AM
(Ongoing discussion about bike parking at the happy hour)
Me (thinking to myself): "Hmm, if only there were some sort of way to find bike racks in the area? It'd be great if there were some sort of bike rack spotter... wait a minute, there is!"

Here's a map of the area using a screenshot of the Rackspotter site http://rackspotter.com/. Mr Smith's is the red star, and bike racks are identified with the green push pins.

According to the entries for the closest bike racks:

14 spaces at the movie theater (5 U racks at the theater, 2 U racks on the sidewalk)
6 spaces at the church 1 block NE of Mr Smith's (1 U rack at the church, 2 U racks at an adjacent building)
4 spaces at the Patagonia at Grace/Wisconsin (2 U racks)
40 spaces at the east end of Georgetown Waterfront Park (wave racks)
10 spaces at Grace/Potomac 2 blocks NW of Mr Smith's (5 U racks)

I will likely lock up my bike at the movie theater or east end of Georgetown Waterfront Park. I hope this helps!

KLizotte
01-07-2016, 10:13 AM
According to this website, the garage next door has racks.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zsl7X-sOAwZQ.kctV74Iu4n6g&hl=en_US

sethpo
01-07-2016, 10:31 AM
Rest easy my fellow BAFSers, we your HH organizers are planning to do a bike corral. Anyone who would like to help us stand guard for a shift (10-15min or so), please let us know. We appreciate anyone willing to take one for the team.

Is there (or will there be) a sign-up schedule for this? I'd think we'd have enough folks to do rotating 15 or 20 min shifts with two people per shift. That's only like 25 people needed.

Marlon
01-07-2016, 10:37 AM
I plan to attend, but will be driving there after work. Is there parking for autos ~gasp~😳
Mk

Arlingtonrider
01-07-2016, 10:53 AM
I edited my earlier post to favor short shifts, more volunteers and at least pairs, so that no one would have to be outside very long.

Tania
01-07-2016, 10:58 AM
I can take a couple of shifts since I'm not much for socializing. Or bars.

Wait. Why am I going to this thing anyway when I could be on my couch in my pj's? That sounds so much nicer.

jrenaut
01-07-2016, 11:05 AM
I can take a couple of shifts since I'm not much for socializing. Or bars.

Wait. Why am I going to this thing anyway when I could be on my couch in my pj's? That sounds so much nicer.

For the ride miles. If you're careful and attentive, you could ride circles in the street in sight of the bikes. You could certainly get an extra mile or so in 15 minutes.

Tania
01-07-2016, 11:17 AM
I'm doing two round-trips today into the city from Merrifield...my legs already dread the second trip up the Custis. I need a nap.

rcannon100
01-07-2016, 11:24 AM
For the ride miles. If you're careful and attentive, you could ride circles in the street in sight of the bikes. You could certainly get an extra mile or so in 15 minutes.

I actually did this the first FS. I had to work at the Washington & Lee mulch distribution. My job was to guard a gate and only allow in mulch trucks. It was freezing and to keep warm I biked circles in the parking lot. I did like 15 miles.

Prob with Happy Hour is it is down on K Street? Under the Whitehurst? GPS reception will be crap.

Raymo853
01-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Name tags? Do we need name tags? I suggest we have them and I have a pack of small ones and sharpies I can bring.

Tania
01-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Name tags? Do we need name tags? I suggest we have them and I have a pack of small ones and sharpies I can bring.

Nametags are being handled by EmInVa (sorry if I got your screen name wrong E!)

lordofthemark
01-07-2016, 12:00 PM
I actually did this the first FS. I had to work at the Washington & Lee mulch distribution. My job was to guard a gate and only allow in mulch trucks. It was freezing and to keep warm I biked circles in the parking lot. I did like 15 miles.

Prob with Happy Hour is it is down on K Street? Under the Whitehurst? GPS reception will be crap.

RIFF
Time:

BERNARDO
Tomorrow?

RIFF
The river.

BERNARDO
Under the highway.
[They shake.]

eminva
01-07-2016, 12:40 PM

Yes, there will be name tags and if you haven't already heard, THAT IS HOW YOU WILL KNOW WHAT TEAM YOU ARE ON.

If you rsvp'd here, on Strava or to me personally by 7 a.m. this morning, you will get a lovely Mail Merge-ized printed name tag. If you rsvp between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. today, you will get a name tag in my occasionally legible handwriting. If you rsvp later than 4 p.m. or come without rsvp'ing, you will be writing your own name tag (supplies provided) and wandering around aimlessly hoping to find someone with a team list.

Liz

americancyclo
01-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Can't make it, will there be a post tomorrow about teams and captains?

Sunyata
01-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Yes, there will be name tags and if you haven't already heard, THAT IS HOW YOU WILL KNOW WHAT TEAM YOU ARE ON.

If you rsvp'd here, on Strava or to me personally by 7 a.m. this morning, you will get a lovely Mail Merge-ized printed name tag. If you rsvp between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. today, you will get a name tag in my occasionally legible handwriting. If you rsvp later than 4 p.m. or come without rsvp'ing, you will be writing your own name tag (supplies provided) and wandering around aimlessly hoping to find someone with a team list.

Liz

I will have team lists... I like really hoppy beer and really malty beer. (Just saying... ;) )

Sunyata
01-07-2016, 12:53 PM

Yep. It might even be tonight, depending on how many late RSVP'ers bribe me with beer to find out what team they are on.

Mikey
01-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Can you feed us a little teaser - how many teams this year?

ShawnoftheDread
01-07-2016, 02:04 PM

Will there be a post... Are you new here?

kwarkentien
01-07-2016, 02:37 PM
I plan to attend, but will be driving there after work. Is there parking for autos ~gasp~[emoji15]
Mk

Yes, there is ample parking in parking lots and on the street should you arrive via fossil fuel powered vehicle.

Sunyata
01-07-2016, 02:38 PM
Can you feed us a little teaser - how many teams this year?

americancyclo
01-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Will there be a post... Are you new here?

I was hoping there would be a poll. ;)

KLizotte
01-07-2016, 03:07 PM
It looks like I will have to stay late at work tonight so may not be able to attend tonight. :mad:

Tania
01-07-2016, 03:12 PM
...and I'm out. Dentist referred me to a specialist and they could squeeze me in this afternoon so here I sit still in my sweaty bike clothes. (The lengths introverts go to get out of social interactions!)

I will then be drowning my fears of impending dental surgery (and hits to my bank account) with massive amounts of Chinese food (possibly Thai) on the couch in my pjs.

Also, I have learned a new word: "periapical."

Boomer2U
01-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Hey Steve-O, I'll be handing out name tags at the door. Happy to pawn off your wares to unsuspecting cyclists on their way in!
I hereby deputize you to help me hock SteveO's FS bands to unsuspecting Freezing Saddlests.

Teresa A
01-07-2016, 04:28 PM
If it's not too late, I'm happy to volunteer for a shift to watch some bikes. I should be there around 6.

Raymo853
01-07-2016, 04:32 PM
I'll be there. Will be headed home to Shirlington via the Key Bridge and Custis is people wish to convoy. Not sure how long I will stay as I tend to get sleepy early.

The route idea: https://www.strava.com/routes/3891229

Reversing my RSVP. Not feeling well and think it is best to ride straight home, rest and not spread sickness around the BAFS community.

KelOnWheels
01-07-2016, 05:16 PM
Take lots of pictures! I miss your faces!

shardg
01-07-2016, 07:55 PM
Thanks to everyone who helped plan and manage the HH. It was nice meeting fellow cyclists and new teammates.

KWL
01-07-2016, 08:41 PM
The bike corral Where's Waldo event.

americancyclo
01-07-2016, 09:13 PM
The bike corral Where's Waldo event.

I see dread. Does that count?

ShawnoftheDread
01-07-2016, 09:36 PM
I see dread. Does that count?

Not if I see you first.

Brünø Moore
01-07-2016, 09:57 PM
Sorry I had to miss it (had to close up the shop after fixaflatclinic), but wow, that bike corral doth overflowith. Trés Cool.

lordofthemark
01-07-2016, 10:25 PM
Sorry I had to miss it (had to close up the shop after fixaflatclinic), but wow, that bike corral doth overflowith. Trés Cool.

And that's despite the fact that some of us used the bike parking near the theater and beyond, and actually walked a block.

Powerful Pete
01-07-2016, 11:00 PM
Another heartfelt thank you to those who organized tonight's HH, those who volunteered to organize the teams and all the bits and pieces that go into setting BAFS up, and those who spent some time outside looking after the bikes.

lordofthemark
01-07-2016, 11:08 PM
Thanks to the organizers, and also to the folks I rode across the Key Bridge with, who inspired me for a nighttime ride through troll heim rather than wimping out by going to Rosslyn metro, and when I did wimp out and went to Pentagon metro, came back looking for me (as I later found out). We have a really great group of people.

CPTJohnC
01-07-2016, 11:38 PM
I don't know that I've ever been so sad to miss a HH. Sounds like it went really well. Now I just need to wait for my team captain to post an invite to our strava group... I promise that not all my riding will be sleaze.

Dickie
01-08-2016, 09:57 AM
Great seeing familiar and new faces last night…. hated leaving so early, but thanks to all the organizers and volunteers for putting together a great night… now to find more Team 17's

Boomer2U
01-08-2016, 11:42 AM
Some pics from last night

Do they Look like they are having fun yet?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160108/2e51a6451cb257d750fcc7bf23d5013c.jpg

Your friendly registration table volunteers hard at work (@ChrisW, @Boomer2U & @SarahBee): https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160108/b035e5f6be2d20dab1f2279b06a5d8ba.jpg

On the way in, and on the way out: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160108/a6e9846ff41289b46139fcc9a4d6c437.jpg

Amalitza, the owner of this year's FS sticky on this forum! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160108/fd92fd045de501ae92655eda16a68753.jpg

Boomer2U
01-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Team Blokes-Broads-Bikes-and-Brews have fortunately been split up and spread about for this freezing saddles season, but beware of where their alligences really lie! (@SarahBee, @LuisFilipe & @IrishGorrilla) https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160108/80e9fecd248a5542c2b53def0580eaa9.jpg

SarahBee
01-12-2016, 08:21 PM
Oh Boomie!!!