PDA

View Full Version : BAFS 2016 Pointless Prize #2

Steve O
09-17-2015, 01:18 PM
Freezing Saddles may be long gone or way off in the future, but it's not forgotten. In fact, we've sort of begun.

We've had one pointless prize already (Prediction for consular's departure; I haven't forgotten you, Dickie.)

Here's another: Pointless Prize #2

Write a caption for this photo:

http://bikearlingtonforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9622&stc=1

Funniest caption (as judged by me, Unassailable Czar of Captions) wins a Pointless Prize TBD. (although "Liking" or "Disliking" particular captions may help sway me)

Rules:
1) Your caption must be funny. If you are not inclined to be very humorous, don't enter. If it's painfully obvious 'humor,' the UCC will judge it harshly. If you're not sure, show your caption idea to friends and colleagues. If they laugh, it may be worth entering; if they don't, don't waste our time.
2) Deadline: No official deadline; the UCC will decide when the contest ends.
3) There does not have to be a winner. If all entries are lame, pathetic and sorry, then I will terminate the contest to put us out of our misery.
4) That's it. If you know the back story and that context makes your caption really funny, then great. If your caption stands alone as hilarious, that's great, too.
5) Your caption must actually be funny.

chris_s
09-17-2015, 01:33 PM
Polar Express deliveries will be delayed this year thanks to those yuppies at the Rails to Trails Conservancy.

wheels&wings
09-18-2015, 09:49 AM
Hmm...

So if I make it back to Arlington, I may win the Pointless Prize for Longest Ride, and then I'll be awarded a holey medal, and then I'll meet someone at the FS HH, and then - if I've not had too many flats - we can patch it, and then... worth a shot.

americancyclo
09-18-2015, 10:37 AM
Her hands trembled slightly as she stared at the back of the man in the red suit. He was too distracted by the little children to notice her glare.
She thought,"Just one more step to the left, fat man, then I'll be able to escape this cursed train!"

wheels&wings
09-18-2015, 11:13 AM
If I hadn’t flunked that darn Ishihara Plate test for my pilot’s license, I could get there in half the time!

Mikey
09-18-2015, 01:18 PM
Taking their cue from Amtrak, the Polar Express offers Roll-on Roll-off service for the children in their critical "believe in Santa" years.

Steve O
12-29-2015, 09:06 AM
Note that this contest is still open. Winner(s) to be announced at the opening Happy Hour
Several of the captions already entered are quite good. If you have one as good or better, please enter.
If you particularly like or dislike any of the entries, click the appropriate button. Your vote may or may not have influence on the adjudication panel.

Deadline: 11:59 PM January 1

SouthernDCist
12-29-2015, 11:37 AM
Santa's Coal Delivery Team Elf begins her work anew for the 2016 season...

dkel
12-29-2015, 12:48 PM
And people say Lycra makes cyclists look ridiculous...:rolleyes:

wheels&wings
12-29-2015, 04:19 PM
The job announcement calls it “bike-friendly” up here, but it sure doesn’t look it… I hope I’m not too late for my interview at the Workshop.

Amalitza
12-30-2015, 12:11 PM
North Pole testing alternative multi-modal present delivery options as global warming threatens flying reindeer habitat.

Toonces
12-30-2015, 12:18 PM
It's not the kids, its the parents and the goofy things they've got me doing. I'm done with this Elf on a Shelf gig, I'm outta here!