PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Hair

Helmet Hair
03-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Hi All! I finally made the transition from recreational road rider to bike on bus, short ride into work, then ride all the way home. Im a little concerned about the crazy helmet hair I may develop over time. Today was manageable but Im afraid the humidity may take it to another level. Did I mention I had to put a ski cap on because I was too cold this morning? Any suggestions on how to avoid helmet hair for the work day? Thanks.

AJsinVA
03-10-2010, 06:02 AM
A skull cap helps and cuts down on the embarrassing walk. However, The best thing to do is keep some hair stuff in your desk or a small amount in your bag and fix it up when you get there. I am fortunate enough to have a shower at work so I don't worry.

bug
04-07-2010, 11:35 AM
you can always shave your head.

AJsinVA
04-07-2010, 11:48 AM
I agree with bug...a high and tight was my first thought. Seriously though, I have a cycling cap I wear sometimes and I keep hair cream in my desk.

Dirt
04-14-2010, 07:51 AM
I love helmet hair. If anyone comments, say "I meant it to look like that. I spent almost an hour getting my hair to look JUST LIKE THIS!" ;)

Not a day goes by that I don't give thanks that EPA lets me use their bike room and GSA lets me use their locker room and showers. I can deal with the mildew and mold. I spray a path of bleach between my bike and the shower every week or two. I like having a place to shower in the morning.

Love,

Pete