PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France Stage 11 Viewing Party & Bike2theBeach Fundraiser

Boomer2U
07-14-2015, 12:41 PM
Rendezvous @ 5:45pm tomorrow Wed July 15th @ Thomas Jefferson Memorial Capitol Bike Share Station at the entrance to the 14th Street Bridge if you'd like to attend this event @ Arlington Cinema 'N' Drafthouse, 2903 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA 22204, United States. Wheels roll at 6:00pm. Kwarkentien and I will be your road marshalls to get you there safely and together.

We will be watching this year's race up the Tourmalet on Tour Stage 11, Wednesday, July 15th on the big screen of Arlington Cinema Drafthouse. Join us to find out who will reign supreme in the battle for King of the Mountains!

Food and drink will be available for purchase. Plus, we'll have lots of raffles of cycling swag and a silent auction (updates to come). Proceeds benefit Bike to the Beach, a charity ride to benefit Autism Speaks and local partners.
http://biketothebeach.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1090062

Doors open 7:00pm/Show begins 8:00pm

Tickets are free, with a suggested $5 donation. You can donate at the bottom of the ticketing page.

https://grippedracing.yapsody.com/event/index/13161/tour-de-france-stage-11-viewing

Arlingtonrider
07-14-2015, 01:21 PM
Boomer, that's a very nice offer, but I'm teleworking tomorrow so won't be coming from DC. You might get some other takers, though. See you there!

kwarkentien
07-14-2015, 03:29 PM
There are a bunch of ways to get there. If you go south on MVT to 4MR to Shirlington, you can take a right on Shirlington Road past the Exxon up to the light at Kenmore. Left on Kenmore to right on Walter Reed to Columbia Pike. Drafthouse is on the NW corner. If you'd like a more challenging hill, ride the W&OD to Walter Reed and ride up the monster.

Boomer2U
07-14-2015, 05:24 PM
There are a bunch of ways to get there. If you go south on MVT to 4MR to Shirlington, you can take a right on Shirlington Road past the Exxon up to the light at Kenmore. Left on Kenmore to right on Walter Reed to Columbia Pike. Drafthouse is on the NW corner. If you'd like a more challenging hill, ride the W&OD to Walter Reed and ride up the monster.
Thank you for the route suggestion. I had enough of monsters on Sunday's Kill Bill ride, so I'll go with option 1:-)

kwarkentien
07-14-2015, 05:32 PM
I'm also going to Cinema & Drafthouse from Capitol Hill but 5:30 is probably too early for me. But if I see you, I'll be happy to direct you.

Boomer2U
07-15-2015, 06:25 AM
I'm also going to Cinema & Drafthouse from Capitol Hill but 5:30 is probably too early for me. But if I see you, I'll be happy to direct you.
What time would work for you? I posted an early departure because I was unsure of the route. But if you know it, we leave at a later time, FYI.

kwarkentien
07-15-2015, 06:29 AM
How about 5:45? I should be able to be there by then.

Boomer2U
07-15-2015, 06:34 AM
How about 5:45? I should be able to be there by then.
Great. I just edited the first posting to gather @ 5:45pm, wheels rolling @ 6pm. Thank you.