PDA

View Full Version : How to report ped signal issues in Arlington

elbows
06-23-2015, 12:00 PM
About once a week I come across a nonworking pedestrian call button, so I guess I should figure out how to report it. Can anyone educate me?

None of the options at reportproblem seem to be applicable and other is not an option.
https://topics.arlingtonva.us/reportproblem/

I'm surprised that the W&OD button on the Pike still doesn't work. That has been out for some time, has it not?

chris_s
06-23-2015, 12:05 PM
Street Light & Traffic Signal Hotline
703-228-6511
or Email - des@arlingtonva.us

The next Arlington BAC meeting (July 6th) will have a discussion with someone who works on / with that tool about potential changes that would improve it. I for one think this sort of thing needs to get added. In the past DES staff have opposed its addition because signals out / signs down may be a safety issue and they can "react faster" to a call. I think most people see that there isn't a way to report it electronically and choose to not report it at all rather than call. Should be a good discussion

elbows
06-23-2015, 12:35 PM
Thanks, Chris. I now remember that I asked this previously and you said the same thing. (I had that vague sense and tried searching the forum before I asked but came up empty.) Thanks for your stewardship of this issue.

I know this isn't your point, but if a signal being out were such an important safety issue, maybe they would not leave the W&OD signal out for months. (I haven't really had to wait there...but I haven't been there at a low traffic time and it could be that the Four Mile Run cars are triggering it.)