PDA

View Full Version : I felt in love with her - 2010 Specialized Globe Roll 1

RESTONTODC
06-24-2011, 10:27 PM
I picked my commuting bike from a repair and I felt in love with her. What you think about this bike? Pros and Cons.:cool:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff22/gonequickly/10-specialized-roll-1-kiwi-green.jpg

http://www.specialized.com/ja/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?sid=10Roll

The best part is on sale for $400.

Rick

acc
06-24-2011, 10:52 PM
I cannot speak to technical specs but she has elegant clean lines, a classic beauty. Gorgeous bold color, reminds me of the late Princess Grace of Monaco. A fixie? If so, she's spirited also. You are a lucky man. An amazing price.

CCrew
06-24-2011, 10:54 PM
The handlebars or lack of brakes wouldn't work for me but to each his/her own. You can live without brakes if you just ride fixed, but for me that gets old. Which generally means the fact that it's a flip-flop hub is about meaningless unless you intend to flintstone all your stops. Attractive bike though I'll give it that.

Not to mention I look like crap in hipster clothes :)

OneEighth
06-25-2011, 06:14 AM
A 42-tooth chainring paired to a 17-tooth cog will definitely make going uphill fairly easy. Downhill while using the fixed cog in that ratio will give you a nice workout if you are trying to control your descent (advisable). You won't go very fast on the flats with that ratio, but you will definitely have a lovely spin workout. (My steel-frame, bad weather fixie is geared 46/17 which is totally fine on most of the hills around here but requires a cadence around 93 to hit 20 mph.)
This bike does come with front and rear brakes. I would advise you to keep the front brake. Don't need the rear if you ride it fixed---just make sure you check your chain regularly to make sure it's properly tensioned and clean.
If it makes you happy, go for it.

RESTONTODC
06-25-2011, 11:48 AM
All

Thank you for the technical feedback. It's very helpful.

Yes, it comes with brakes.

Mark Blacknell
06-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Nice and clean, on the whole. Bars are just silly, though. Completely unnecessary awkwardness.