PDA

View Full Version : Change Pit Stop for BTWD?

cvcalhoun
04-22-2015, 11:12 AM
I'm hoping someone here may have answers to two questions I have:

Is it possible to change your BTWD pit stop? When I tried just reregistering at a different pit stop, I got a message saying I was already registered, and would need to log in at a particular link to change that. But I see no option at that link to change my pit stop, or even to cancel my registration so I could start over again. Is there a way to do this?
How do you find out whether a pit stop is easily accessible to the public? The two closest pit stops to me would be National Institutes of Health Bldg One and Naval Support Activity Bethesda. However, I don't work at either facility, and I'm not sure whether the pit stops are in areas that are open to the public. Even if they are technically open, they may not be worth it if I have to use a distant gate to get into NIH, go through a long security line, etc.

Nothing in the FAQ addresses either question, and there is no contact information posted.

Tim Kelley
04-22-2015, 11:16 AM
1) Email WABA and they can change you manually: Michelle Cleveland <michelle.cleveland@waba.org>

2) As for being open to the public, you could email the pit stop managers listed on their respective pages:

http://www.biketoworkmetrodc.org/archives/650

http://www.biketoworkmetrodc.org/archives/657

cvcalhoun
04-22-2015, 11:33 AM
Thanks, Tim! I've e-mailed both pit stop managers, and will e-mail WABA if I discover that I can actually use one of the pit stops closest to me.

cvcalhoun
04-24-2015, 12:26 AM
For anyone else following along, both the NIH and Naval Support Activity pit stops are open to the public. However, each requires that you enter through a particular gate (in the case of NIH, the most inconvenient one) and go through a security screening. I suspect that leaving my registration with the downtown Bethesda pit stop makes more sense, even though both of the other stops are much closer.