PDA

View Full Version : Team memeber dropped Strava

Raymo853
03-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Hey, I just noticed a team mate on Team-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named dropped off Strava, dropped their team or something causing that Team to drop from 4th to 10th or so. As much as I was happy to have my Dozers move up a spot, this is totally not cool. Does anyone know what happened?

Harry Meatmotor
03-17-2015, 09:56 AM
Hey, I just noticed a team mate on Team-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named dropped off Strava, dropped their team or something causing that Team to drop from 4th to 10th or so. As much as I was happy to have my Dozers move up a spot, this is totally not cool. Does anyone know what happened?

saw that, too - I'm guessing (hoping) it was just a mistake.

DismalScientist
03-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Finally the long knives are coming out. This is about to get interesting.

Perhaps Rockford10 paid the person to "accidentally" push the "leave" link on Club page. Good to see dkel taken down a peg or two.

Rockford10
03-17-2015, 10:11 AM
What? Wait, let me finish my beer and I can check.

CPTJohnC
03-17-2015, 10:22 AM
I wondered how my team had suddenly climbed another rung... Now if we can just convince Vincent to leave the Octos....

***Never mind - we just fell back to our comfort spot. Even without the extra member, we're not keeping pace.

Raymo853
03-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Maybe this is the time for bribes to come out. (and my spell check for members) I'll offer a slightly less than full bottle of Copper Fox Rye Whisky (https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-17182.aspx) to any player with more than 1,000 points that joins Dozers. For anyone from a team ahead of us (Octs, Bears or Rule 9) the offer it a completely full and never opened bottle.

americancyclo
03-17-2015, 10:55 AM
I'll offer a slightly less than full bottle of Copper Fox Rye Whisky (https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-17182.aspx)
That stuff has some bite! It's a fun place to visit and I love supporting VA distillers, but it's hard to win over guests with something that still tastes a bit young when compared to what most folks are used to.

Steve O
03-17-2015, 11:03 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Y8m29ZLX5ag/Saj222r51-I/AAAAAAAACzg/0g4u9YZzo6o/s400/FELIX+THE+CAT+WHISTLE+BLACK.jpg

Raymo853
03-17-2015, 11:04 AM
That place smells wonderful. Great place to visit in combo with Old Rag hikes.

Look out for their mean house cat, he does not like anyone.

Raymo853
03-17-2015, 11:12 AM
To be serious, it is totally not fair to the Not Named. If someone can figure out who dropped and how many points they had, I would consider it fine to spot them that many points.

dkel
03-17-2015, 11:18 AM
To be serious, it is totally not fair to the Not Named. If someone can figure out who dropped and how many points they had, I would consider it fine to spot them that many points.

Colleen L has mysteriously disappeared from our Strava team, but I'm sure she just pushed the wrong button or something. She'll be back, but not until she finishes the epic ride she's out on right now (no doubt).

DismalScientist
03-17-2015, 11:41 AM
I think she just has to request membership back into the team club.

But on the wider issue, I don't think there is any controlling authoritah to make sure that team club membership corresponds to what was originally assigned. Not that I mean to be difficult or anything.:rolleyes:

hozn
03-17-2015, 12:00 PM
I think that is what team captains are for.

DismalScientist
03-17-2015, 12:08 PM
But they have a conflict of interest.:rolleyes:

Are they working for the common good or merely seeking BAFS glory?

Raymo853
03-17-2015, 12:50 PM
But they have a conflict of interest.:rolleyes:

Are they working for the common good or merely seeking BAFS glory?

<sarcasm> Hmm, let me see if I can add Chris Ra and Eric W to my team,,,,</sarcasm>

Amalitza
03-17-2015, 12:52 PM
But on the wider issue, I don't think there is any controlling authoritah to make sure that team club membership corresponds to what was originally assigned. Not that I mean to be difficult or anything.:rolleyes:

oh, right, like most all of y'all haven't already double and triple checked to make sure octothorpe hasn't picked up an unauthorized ringer somewhere during the competition.:rolleyes:

Alcova cyclist
03-17-2015, 01:35 PM
She accidentally clicked "leave team." She's already done the "request to join" thing but I think Steve is on travel so it may be a few hours before he can approve her back in.

Definitely had a "what the HECK???" moment when I checked the scoreboard this morning.

Steve O
03-17-2015, 01:59 PM
oh, right, like most all of y'all haven't already double and triple checked to make sure octothorpe hasn't picked up an unauthorized ringer somewhere during the competition.:rolleyes:

Their entire team comprises a bunch of unauthorized ringers, imo.

(for the record: is anybody actually "authorized" in this whole silly game?)

colleen
03-17-2015, 02:33 PM
Arg sorry everybody for the confusion. Let this be a lesson in caution when viewing webpages on mobile that are not meant for mobile. Alcova is right I'll be back once I'm approved again. In the mean time I'll have to see how many surprise miles I can rack up :)

GB
03-17-2015, 03:15 PM
have to see how many surprise miles I can rack up :)

I see what's going on here.

sjclaeys
03-17-2015, 05:23 PM
The team captain had to go out of town for family reasons but am now back online. Not good wifi in rural Iowa. Anyhow, Team V is back at full strength.

dkel
03-17-2015, 05:27 PM
Anyhow, Team V is back at full strength.

And closing in on third place! Team V, unite!

Brn Moore
03-17-2015, 06:42 PM
I think that is what team captains are for.

It's happened. I have, as team captain, turned down a request from a potential 11th Inquisitor (who hadn't signed up for FS) in the interest of fair play. While we're already planning on keeping the Inquisition alive after the end of winter in some form, at which point everyone will be encouraged to join, that time is not for a few more days.