PDA

View Full Version : Tour de Madison Reviews?

Spider1999
03-16-2015, 03:17 PM
A friend and I are considering the Tour de Madison on May 16. Can anyone tell us how difficult this year's route is?

JimF22003
03-17-2015, 02:35 PM
I haven't done that ride, but I've ridden all those roads quite a few times. I would describe the route as moderately rolling. There are some flat stretches, and most of the rollers are not crazy, but there are also a few short steep sections.

PeteD
03-17-2015, 06:47 PM
Yea, I ride the next day down in Lynchburg for the Storming of Thunder Ridge. Folks that I've encountered @Thunder Ridge that were doing the back-to-back weekend spoke highly of the event, but were quickly regretting trying to do them back to back once they started up Thunder Ridge.

Sunyata
03-18-2015, 07:10 AM
Yea, I ride the next day down in Lynchburg for the Storming of Thunder Ridge. Folks that I've encountered @Thunder Ridge that were doing the back-to-back weekend spoke highly of the event, but were quickly regretting trying to do them back to back once they started up Thunder Ridge.

Yeah, the 13 mile climb of Thunder Ridge is enough to make anyone regret riding the day before! Enjoy the ride. It is a beautiful route and a very well run event. If you happen to see the event organizer (Paula Dahl), tell her that Casey says hi!

PeteD
03-18-2015, 09:54 AM
Yeah, the 13 mile climb of Thunder Ridge is enough to make anyone regret riding the day before! Enjoy the ride. It is a beautiful route and a very well run event. If you happen to see the event organizer (Paula Dahl), tell her that Casey says hi!

I love Paula, she is awesome. You can tell that she so loves what she's doing, though you know she really wants to be out there riding with everyone.

Boomer2U
03-18-2015, 11:47 AM
http://tourdemadison.com/online-registration/