PDA

View Full Version : You know you’re pushing the limits when…

wheels&wings
02-17-2015, 10:02 AM
You try to brake, but your mittens don’t move with your hands. You realize the top of your mitt is frozen to the brake lever.

(This happened to me in single digits yesterday morning. My eyes had been tearing so I’d used the back of my mitt to wipe my face…bad move.)

And you? Perhaps on this thread we can record some of the absurdities that remind us we are pushing the limits.

jrenaut
02-17-2015, 10:09 AM
I refuse to contribute to this thread as I fear the contents could be used against me when my wife tries to have me committed.

sethpo
02-17-2015, 03:03 PM
I use the White Lightning wax chain lube which is nice until it freezes while you are riding in sub 10 weather.

Powerful Pete
02-17-2015, 03:24 PM
You are washing your bike off from the ice and gunk of the day's ride using hot water, and you realize that you are substituting dirty packed ice with clean ice on the frame, as it is freezing faster than you can dry the frame...

dplasters
02-18-2015, 06:41 AM
Wife - Did you fall?

Me - No....

Wife - Your jacket says otherwise....

Me - OK maybe... but it wasn't cause of ice or snow!.. they put down too much salt/sand at the apex of the turn!

Seriously though... my scranus hugs the seat so hard on every corner at this point.

Sunyata
02-18-2015, 07:49 AM
When you are cruising down a hill on your sleaze ride and realize that you have no front brake due to ice in the line... Whoops.

But keep riding anyway. Because snow. :-D

Raymo853
02-18-2015, 09:37 AM
When you are cruising down a hill on your sleaze ride and realize that you have no front brake due to ice in the line... Whoops.

But keep riding anyway. Because snow. :-D

That has been happening to my fiance's Trek Crockett. I hope to pull the housing and fill it with light grease soon to stop that.